Pastor Dickow and his wife, Grace, founded Life Changers International Church in 1993. From its modest start in the gymnasium of an elementary school in Elk Grove, Illinois, the non-denominational church grew rapidly and attracted a dynamic, ethnically-diverse congregation. The Pastor's unique vision led to the continued expansion of the church and to a spiritual renaissance that would eventually embrace the needs of thousands in the Chicagoland area. In the fall of 2004, Gregory Dickow Ministries realized one of its dreams, opening its new world headquarters in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, a 160,000 square-foot facility located on 30 acres, incorporating a 3,000 seat sanctuary, a 400 seat Chapel, a 1,000 seat multipurpose gymnasium, a leadership training center, and a fully-equipped radio and TV studio.
The $30 million campus also houses the Valeo Academy, a dynamic day school from kindergarten through twelfth grade. With Grace Dickow as Principal, the school focuses on an individualized approach to a classic curriculum, educating the next generation to walk in the character and power of God.
In addition, Pastor Dickow is the host of The Power to Change Today - an international television ministry that reaches 625 million households weekly. He also hosts Ask The Pastor - a highly-rated live radio and Internet program heard five days weekly, which gives callers the chance to obtain practical answers to everyday problems. A master of this live exchange format, the Pastor interacts with callers in a most personal way, challenging them to experience spiritual growth and thereby empower themselves to become successful in every area of their lives.
"You will receive the power to be changed forever!" sharing this extraordinary ministry with multitudes in
To share this extraordinary ministry with multitudes in spiritual need around the world - a potential audience of over a half a billion households within range of Gregory Dickow Ministries' dynamic weekly television and radio programs.
PROGRAMMING AT LIFE CHANGERS
In a large and growing church we feel it is important that all have the opportunity to get connected with other believers. Our fellowship is powerful and it is a big part of our Christian growth and development. Through fellowship we make connections that give us a stronger sense of God’s comfort and strength. We experience His love in a more practical way and realize the more tangible and applicable ways to apply Biblical truths in our everyday lives. The programs, people and events at Life Changers Church are designed to bring people together and offer healthy environments for fellowship.
The programming of Life Changers International Church is organized around three core principles:
A Place to Believe
Believing starts at the Cross. The moment you believe Jesus Christ died for your sins, and rose from the dead, your new life begins. We connect with God through believing what He said. At Life Changers you will learn God’s Word in its simplicity, its purity, and its power. As you hear God’s Word, faith comes (Romans 10:17).
A Place to Belong
We all know the feeling of being on the outside, looking in. Yet all the loneliness that comes from this feeling disappears the moment we realize we Belong to God. He declares: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine (Isaiah 43:1)
A Place to Be Loved
The supreme happiness in life is the assurance that we are loved. When you know you are loved by God, it sets in motion the greatest journey you can imagine. Knowing God loves you, makes you want to love Him back and love others the way you were meant to. By discovering the breadth, length, depth, and height of God’s love, it releases the power of Ephesians 3:20 – He is able to do superabundantly, far above all that we dare ask or think- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams.
WORSHIP AT LIFE CHANGERS INTERNATIONAL CHURCH
To honor God from a heart overflowing with thanksgiving for His amazing love, resulting in a praise and worship experience that is intimate, powerful, and life- changing to all who partake. (II Chronicles 5: 13-14)
Hoffman Estates Campus
Sunday at 8:00 and 10:00
Sunday at 8:00 simulcast service Sunday at 11:30 – live service
Hoffman Estates is a thriving, affluent community in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Hoffman Estates is a mid-size community bustling with restaurants, shopping, multiple family activity spots, and great schools.
GOALS & EXPECTATIONS
The effective Family Life/Church Growth & Development Director will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Champion the development and ministry operations of all Family Life, Next Gen Ministries of Life Changers International
- Exemplify leadership that is aware of and a servant to the whole of Life Changers
- Work with the Life Changers Executive leadership, staff and congregation to embrace and live out Life Changers core values.
- Lead with excellence, clarity, authenticity and a spiritually grounded message connected to real life.
- Lead a collaborative Family Ministry Team that will work effectively with the Senior Leadership, Worship, Creative and Event teams to connect the message of the Scriptures to Children, Student, University, Young Adults, Young and Established families
- Develop and actively lead a comprehensive strategy for helping Families in the both Huffman Estates and Chicago communities come to Christ , be baptized, and become an active participant in the Body Life of the Life Changers.
- Increase the number of Families who are using their gifts in ministry both within all Life Changer Campuses and in their broader community.
- Develop internet campus into a growing church body.
- Champion the redevelopment of outreach, evangelism & church growth.
- Help develop small group vision into a a thriving missional ministry.
- Build healthy relationships with the Family Life/Next Gen staff and inspire them with God’s vision for the future.
- Develop a healthy environment where volunteers are recruited, motivated, equipped ,celebrated and held accountable for the work they have been called to do at Life Changers
- Develop and promote Missional Events for the church, in addition to the attractional work of weekend services.
- Demonstrate an ability to cultivate high capacity leaders and effectively delegate ministry tasks among them.
- Participate and Partner with Valeo Academy to build a world class educational ministry and integrate families into the Life Changers Body Life
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Family Life/Church Growth & Development Director:
Candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Seminary training and/or an advanced degree in biblical studies or divinity is strongly preferred, but not required.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new believers and to training up believers to reach their full potential in Christ. The candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of a large ministry team, instilling vision and mobilizing leaders. Experienced leadership involvement in a church of 2000k+ is a must.
The successful Family Life/Church Growth & Development Director will have a proven record of being a gifted strategic thinker, student of culture, relational leader and communicator as a similar capacity. In addition, the individual should show an ability to connect across ethnic, generational and socio-economic lines, be a strong proponent of externally-focused ministry and encouraging of small group relationships.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A visionary leader that can create an environment of unity and a “can-do” spirit among a team.
- Chemistry with the people of Life Changers that "fits."
- High relational skills and an infectious love for people.
- An unrelenting passion for leading the Next Gen to faith and equipping them with biblically based tools for life.
- A doctrine that matches that of the Life Changers. This can be best described as a biblical orthodoxy in the Evangelical Charismatic tradition.
- A high loyalty to Christ, the local church, and the community.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with an unusually strong work ethic.
- An ability to recruit, retain and equip leaders, staff and members.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- A strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization; one who thrives on providing the necessary support for others to succeed and handles conflict effectively with truth and grace.
- Energy and enthusiasm yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you resume is selected you will be sent an employment application which must be returned to process your application towards the next step.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Associate Campus PastorJourney Church
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Student Ministries Pastor & Young Life Church PartnerCity Church
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- October 12
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12
Life Changers International Church
Gregory Dickow’s unique vision led to the continued expansion of the church and to a spiritual renaissance that would eventually embrace the needs of thousands in the Chicagoland area by giving them a place to belong, a place to believe, and a place to be loved. The success of Life Changers Church can be summed up in the Pastor’s core message best described as – a word for this generation that is as timeless as it is contemporary. It touches every life; satisfies every soul, heals every pain – it is the great elixir o More...