Experience Life Church is looking for a Campus Pastor for our Southwest Campus in Lubbock, Texas. Applicants should be gifted and experienced leaders. We are looking for someone with primary gifting in leadership and administration and has served in a church
of 1000+. Under the direction of the Operations Pastor, the Campus Pastor will lead and oversee the staff, the weekend experience, the multiplication of small groups, the care for people, the Prayer Gathering, and the "Next Steps" process for that campus.
A Campus Pastor will speak very seldom except for leading the Prayer Gathering each week. Applicants should be able to thrive in a fast pace and intense environment as Experience Life continues to be one of the fastest growing churches in the nation.
The Campus Pastor is the “face” of the church in their community, and must be willing to lead with the character and integrity necessary to represent Experience Life in a positive light at all times. He or she must be a high capacity leader capable of
starting and growing a Experience Life Campus, and is willing accept the responsibility of oversight of everything at the campus. The Campus Pastor will be directly supervised by the Operations Pastor of the eLife Leadership Team.
The Role of the Campus Pastor is…
- To be the primary carrier of the DNA and the distributor of the mission, vision and values of eLife.
- To build teams and identify high capacity leaders who are able to reproduce their leadership in others.
- To identify problems and implement solutions.
- To build ministry systems that will manage and facilitate spiritual growth
- To interact with the owner or administrator of campus and keep eLife leadership informed of situation.
- To stay connected and loyal to the eLife leadership.
- To care for the spiritual and emotional health of the staff and congregation.
- To lead the staff in the ongoing commitment to excellence.
The Campus Pastor is...
- Person of integrity.
- Friendly and approachable.
- A leader in their own home.
- Good communicator of the vision and direction of the campus.
- A leader who can identify problems, find solutions and implement direction with minimal assistance from multi-site staff leadership.
- A self-starter who does not need monitoring to stay motivated.
- Someone who recognizes and is willing to fall under the spiritual leadership placed over them.
- Someone who can take direction and feedback and has a desire to learn.
- Someone who understands the importance of spending time in prayer and in the Word.
- Someone who is not afraid to tackle conflict and address sin.
- Someone who is humble and recognizes they are not capable of leading a campus without God.
Responsibilities of the Campus Pastor...
- To attend All Staff Meetings when scheduled.
- To stay in regular contact with eLife Leadership at all times.
- To keep the eLife leadership aware of successes and struggles at the campus.
- To become knowledgeable of the community in which the campus is in.
- To be a part of and cast vision for the overall eLife vision.
- To lead the Prayer Gathering at the campus.
- To lead and coach the Life Transformation Group movement for that campus.
- To lead and coach the staff for that campus.
- To develop teams and leaders that will carry out the ministries and needs for that campus.
The Definition of SUCCESS at an eLife Campus...
- People are committing their life to Jesus, getting baptized and taking “Next Steps”.
- The Campus in growing in attendance.
- The Campus is becoming financially self sufficient in the first two years.
- The ministry is led by well-trained volunteers who are reproducing themselves in others.
- eLife is making an impact in the lives of the people who attend, and the communities they are in.