Broadway Christian Church is an evangelical, non-denominational* church located in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our purpose is threefold: worship, discipleship, and evangelism. Our mission is to make faithful and obedient disciples of Jesus Christ.
Key distinctive characteristics of our church body include:
• An uncompromising commitment to the clear proclamation of God’s eternal, life-changing Word
• A passion for engaging in vibrant corporate worship
• A very active and intentional approach to caring for the physical and spiritual welfare of the
needy in our city
• An emphasis on the value of participation in small discipleship groups as a means of nurturing a
spirit of community and promoting personal spiritual growth
• A desire to participate in the Great Commission by sending out missionaries from our own body
and supporting other ministries around the globe
• A strong tradition of welcoming people of any age, culture, ethnicity, or economic status, which is
reflected by the diversity of our current membership
• An elder-led form of church governance, with the senior pastor included as a voting member of the
*Applicants should note that “Christian Church”, as it appears in our name, is used only in a general sense. It does not denote any sort of affiliation with the Restoration Movement, the Disciples of Christ, or any other denomination.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor candidate who fulfills these minimum requirements:
1. Is strongly gifted as:
• a teacher (preaches God’s Word boldly and effectively)
• a leader (casts vision, calls others to action, invests in developing other leaders)
• a shepherd (displays a caring and nurturing heart)
2. Has a minimum of a bachelor's degree in theology, biblical studies, pastoral ministry, or a related
field from an accredited college, university, or seminary
3. Has at least 5 years of experience leading a multi-staff church
4. Is passionate about supporting global missions and ministering to the poor
Additionally, it is highly preferred that the Senior Pastor candidate:
- Has a graduate degree from an accredited seminary
- Is very comfortable with the use of technology
- Is married and has children
If you meet the minimum requirements listed above and desire to apply for the position, please provide ALL of the following items in a SINGLE email using either a Word document or PDF format.
Send to: email@example.com. All applications must be electronically submitted. No phone calls please.
Only applications with all of the following items included will be reviewed and considered:
• Cover letter (pictures of self and family are highly encouraged but not required)
• Resume, including personal testimony of faith
• Link(s) to online audio and/or video samples of candidate’s preaching/teaching
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Senior PastorImpact Community Church
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Lead PastorLife Church
- Canton, Michigan
- January 12
Broadway Christian Church
Our Purpose: (why we exist as a church)
Worship - We are called to give God pleasure.
(Romans 11:36; 2 Corinthians 5:9; Revelation 4:11)
Discipleship - We are called to become like Jesus.
(Luke 6:40; Romans 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 4:13)
Evangelism - We are called to share the gospel.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:47; Acts 1:8)