McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church is a congregation compelled by God’s grace to change lives that change the world. The staff members of McFarlin are guided by the teachings of Colossians 3:12-14, and are called to be servant leaders who embrace
the values of commitment, cooperation, compassion, and kindness as they serve God, each other, and the congregation.
We are seeking a Communications Director to administer internal and external communications for a growing church with over 2,500 active constituents located next to the University of Oklahoma. The Director would work closely with ministerial and senior staff
to determine the direction and execution of both print and digital communication pieces and projects needed to further the vision and mission of the church. This is a full time, salaried position reporting to the Executive Program Director.
- Design and oversee production of worship bulletins
- Manage content for digital signage and worship announcements
- Edit and upload sermon podcasts
- Compile, compose, and distribute newsletter and other church-wide communications
- Create and implement artwork for sermon series, church-wide events, and other ministry area programs as necessary
- Maintain and update website
- Manage social media outlets and expand digital interaction of the congregation
- Work with local media for publicity and advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design or related fields
- Minimum of two years’ experience in print design and production as well as web and social media management
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of projects to Michael Andres, Executive Program Director, at email@example.com.