Covenant Presbyterian Church
Information Technology Technician
Vision Statement: “Building a Community… to Reach a Community”
Time Commitment: Full-Time Staff Position
Organization Role: Reports directly to Pastor of Ministry Development
Overall Purpose/Main Objective of this Position: To ensure the audio, visual and computer related technologies used by Covenant Church function properly and flawlessly.
- The Information Technology (IT) Technician is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according the predetermined standards, timelines and budgets.
- Perform installations, web-site recommendations, technology maintenance, updates and repair work on any audio, video and computer related equipment that supports the church.
- Serve all staff and ministry leaders with a focus on Sunday morning and all ministry meetings that can be enhanced through the use of technology.
- Provide the technical leadership in web development, user interface (UI) design and coding expertise required to manage multiple development projects in support of web properties and digital communications. Influencing others through experience and technical knowledge, and interacting with ministry stake holders will be critical to the success of this role
- Assist the senior pastors in development and execution of communication initiatives related to the communication strategy of the church. Managing multiple projects simultaneously, this person will implement overall strategy for plans across multiple ministry channels.
- Work with all staff and reports to the Pastor of Ministry Development, seeking direction from him, especially when there are any immediate needs to address.
- Coordinate technology use in multiple forms at Covenant meetings and ministries. For example, using Skype during the worship service or at mission’s meetings, use of technologies for seminars, putting film clips into the best format for viewing, advising staff on best technology (example: devices, apps, techniques, web-site management), ensuring all events are free from technological glitches and creating a fail proof standard with redundancy.
- Advise staff and leadership for future IT purchases and current recommended maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain technology for maximum access.
- Ensure technology is equipped with the latest hardware and software and is accessible to end users.
- Manage and maintain laptops, desktops, communications equipment (digital & IP phones), tablets (ex. iPad’s), smart phones (ex. Blackberry’s, iPhone’s, Android’s), printers, local area networks, wide area networks, any piece of computer related peripheral or software an end user would be using.
- Coordinate video producing, advertising updates and communications, ability to create podcasts, make sermons post chronologically (in order), set up podcast and/or video for delivery to congregation (spoken word) via the Covenant webpage and enable worship service video usage.
- Serve internal clients through understanding of expectations, facilitating communication, clear deliverables, and follow up. Ensure positive and long-lasting relationships with both clients and internal teams.
- Execute multiple development projects on deadline through design, development, quality assurance, production and implementation.
- Foster a collaborative work environment among internal ministry groups.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently maintaining a command of details, timelines, and next steps.
- Budget Management based on designated cost per project.
- Ensure quality control and brand management throughout the project life.
- Anticipate and proactively solve IT related problems.
- Conduct post evaluation of project and process effectiveness with client.
- The IT technician must perform the majority of the above mentioned tasks while providing a high level of customer service to the end user.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a passion to see the power and truth of the gospel actively at work in the lives of Covenant Church.
- Possess a can-do attitude with the ability to get up to speed quickly.
- Must be a self-starter who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction.
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal).
- Passionate and committed with strong sense of ownership, craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated planning, analysis, and estimation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Experience interacting with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to quickly implement requests from staff for assistance, or for enhancing a presentation. (example - an idea discovered on Tuesday for a video spot, or media presentation should be able to be prepared and executed with excellence for Sunday)
- College degree (or equivalent experience) in related field.; with references
- Extensive experience of computers and servers
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft, Apple and various network hardware
- 40 hours per week
- The IT Technicians time will be spent on-site at the church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
AVL Technical DirectorMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 20
Audio Engineer / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19
Lighting Director / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19
The centerpiece of Covenant church takes place each week as we worship God together. Our worship service is Christ Centered and easy access. There is a small handful of things we worry about, and a ton of things we don’t worry about.More...