Interim Director of Mission
We are seeking a part-time person (two days per week avg.) to help lead our mission program for up to 18-months. Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2013.
Please submit your resume and 3 references to
CANYON CREEK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Job Description – February 2013
Job Title: Interim Director of Mission (part-time)
Annual Pay: $6,000
The Interim Director of Mission is a part-time position that serves as the point staff person for the mission programs of the church, working with the Mission Committee and church members in serving “the least of these, where we meet Christ.” The goal is
to enable members to reach out beyond the walls of the building, providing opportunities to serve others physically, spiritually and financially.
Primary Job Functions
These functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities as other duties may be requested or assigned.
- Attend meetings of the Mission Committee, and work with the committee to:
- Research and discern the mission direction of the congregation in relation to the needs of the wider community.
- Evaluate current programs, assessing their effectiveness and alignment with the mission direction of the church.
- Become educated on new missional approaches. Can we think of mission in ways we have not before?
- Dream of possibilities for engaging members in mission in new and creative ways.
- Facilitate mission priorities and activities with the church staff.
- Coordinate and/or write articles for all church communications (i.e. bulletin, eSpirit, Clarion)
- Work with church staff on the mission components of their job areas.
Additional Job Functions
- Increase the involvement and awareness of members in CCPC’s mission work.
- Assist the Mission Committee in financial planning to support agencies within the church’s focus through the mission budget and special offerings.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Fulfill, or equip church members to fulfill the following functions:
- Provide for publicity for special offerings, serving as the church liaison to agency representatives, meeting the speaker on Sunday and guiding her/him as needed.
- Ensure that collection baskets are placed for food and other donations and that these donations are delivered.
- Organize and maintain the mission closet on the third floor.
- Provide an annual calendar of mission events for church calendar planning meetings (held twice a year).
- Assist with orientation of new elders on the mission committee.
- Maintain mission information on the church website, updating as necessary.
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Staff and/or the Mission Committee.
Immediate Supervisor: Pastor/Head of Staff
Pertinent Subordinates: None
Workers with Similar Responsibilities: Mission Committee members
Universal Competency Requirements
Adapted for the Presbyterian Church publication “Standards of Ethical conduct”, approved by the 210th General Assembly, all employees of CCPC are expected to display the following qualities:
- Integrity – Employee is expected to be honest, truthful, and respectful of others. Their behavior will support the ministry of the church. They should refrain from gossip and abusive speech. Exploitive behavior will be avoided and should
be overcome if such behavior occurs. Honor relationships. Recognize personal limits.
- Stewardship – Employee should be accountable and capable of sound judgment. They should use resources responsibly. They should take appropriate action when able.
- Quality – Employee should exercise sound judgment in solving problems and they should spend time on the most important work. Good results should be produced.
- Service to Others – Employee should use their authority and influence constructively. Privacy should be preserved.
- Balance – Employee is expected to maintain a healthy balance among the responsibilities of the positions, commitments to family and other primary relationships, and the need for spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual renewal.
Avoid conflicts of interest.
Core Competency Requirements
- Communication – Employee communicates openly and in a timely way, listens to understand, speaks and writes clearly, shares information appropriately, keeps others well informed, encourages others to share contrary views, and responds in
a timely manner to messages/requests.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Employee deals effectively with change and uncertainty, copes well with stress and pressure, is patient, maintains a positive outlook, deals constructively with mistakes and setbacks, and looks for ways to help
- Teamwork – Employee works together to achieve successful outcomes, seeks input from others, seeks win-win solutions, supports a shared purpose, builds relationships, supports others to achieve success, and knows when to compromise and find
mutually acceptable solutions.
Position is open to non-members of Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church. Please send resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org