City Hill is a church that is passionate about reaching people & building lives. Over the past few years we’ve been growing at a 10-15% per year rate. We’re seeing God do amazing things!
If you have a passion and calling for Children’s ministry and like the prospect of being able to take a ministry to the next level, this position may be for you. Currently, we have a lot of great kids and volunteers, but we are seeking a new direction for
our Children’s ministry and are ready to put resources and funds in it. We have a ton of square footage that is ripe for a new design and overhaul that can accommodate our ongoing growth & expansion. We have a group of devoted and talented volunteers who
love kids and love God. All we need is a leader!
Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry Job Description
Current: Part-time position. 30 hours per week.
For consideration: Full-time position based on qualifications and giftings
> Degree in Children's Ministry OR comparable experience in a church
> Full agreement with our doctrine and core values which can be found at cityhill.org
Reports To Sr. Pastor
Works with & receives support from:
Lead Pastor and pastoral staff in vision casting
Worship Arts Director in establishing corporate worship culture
Creative Director in establishing City Hill vibe
Outreach Director in executing church-wide outreaches which include kids
Children’s Ministry (Nursery - 6th grade)
Create & sustain environments, opportunities and programming for kids that are safe, fun & life-changing as we encourage kids to love God with all their heart, soul, mind & strength.
Develop, design & oversee the following resources:
• Children’s ministry curriculum & learning environments (big-group & small-group)
• Blast worship (1st – 6th grade)
• Integrate annual special outreach events (i.e. Easter, Christmas, Reach Out Celebration, Summer outreach, etc.)
• Support parents through communication & resources
• Recruit, train & schedule needed volunteers to provide excellent programming
• Annual Children’s Ministry budget
Responsible for vision casting & leading and/or overseeing the following:
Children’s Ministry Volunteers
• Sunday School Teachers, Sunday School Helpers, Nursery workers, Splash Lifeguards,
Splash Worship Leaders (Nursery – K), Blast Worship Leaders Blast (1st – 6th grade), Production Team, Kid’s Outreach Team, Nursery Coordinator, Special Friends, Special Friends Coordinator, Children’s Check-In Hosts
Facilities, Equipment, Resources
Building Use & Equipment
• Manage multi-use spaces in cooperation with the Facilities Team
• Oversee upgrades to children’s environments
• Maintain the Children’s Ministry Resource Room
Please send your resume and any other resources to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.