This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/13/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Worship Director will provide vision, direction and leadership related to worship at Good Shepherd.
1. Lead and manage all aspects of multi-venue worship including liturgy, music, drama and creative arts, visuals and multimedia, special music engagements and choirs.
2. Plan and vision weekly worship experiences with Pastors and follow through with staff and volunteers in creating excellent, inspiring, relevant worship. Attend weekly staff meetings.
3. Recruit, supervise, and mentor staff and volunteers to use their giftedness for God’s glory in the area of worship.
4. Seek current, creative, and culturally relevant ways to engage the congregation and the local community in coming to know and love God through worship.
5. Ensure excellent instrumental, vocal, and choral performance in all venues of a multi-venue worship environment.
6. Provide leadership and guidance to staff related to the technical and mechanical aspects of worship services.
7. Communicate and strategize with various ministry leaders related to worship plans to ensure all areas of liturgy and worship are coordinated and complementary.
8. Prepare and manage annual budget related to worship needs and expenditures.
9. Supervise, hire, provide performance appraisals, corrective feedback, and policy interpretation and application for Worship Department staff.
10. Keep abreast of new techniques and theories as it relates to current and relevant worship.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The preferred candidate should have a Bachelors Degree and 3 to 5 years related experience. Candidate must have a passion for all styles of worship: Traditional, contemporary, and alternative in a multi-venue environment and a passionate personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent knowledge of liturgy, music, and creative art opportunities related to worship in a church environment; excellent knowledge of leadership and management techniques in recruiting and supervising staff and volunteers; good knowledge of managing a budget; excellent organizational and communication skills in planning and carrying out worship plans; excellent ability to identify and implement culturally relevant opportunities in worship.
ABOUT GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH: Good Shepherd's vision is to reach and transform spiritually distracted families in our local community so they come to know and love God. We are a healthy, growing church of almost 4,000 members and affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). We are located in Naperville, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago that is home to more than 145,000 people. Naperville consistently ranks as a top community in the nation to live, raise children and retire. Good Shepherd is also a member of the Willow Creek Association.