This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Word Of Life
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Date Posted: 10/10/2008
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Word of Life Ministries is a contemporary style, non-denominational church of 3,000 members located in Shreveport Louisiana. Word of Life Center is currently seeking a Media Director. The role of the Media Director is to oversee all areas of media production and operations. This position requires experience and an excellent working knowledge of all areas of audio and video production, as well as, advertising, broadcasting, personnel management, live events, and current internet technologies. Previous management experience is highly recommended along with some installation experience of A/V systems. The applicant must be able to think quickly and make changes “on the fly”, be flexible, well organized and a creative problem solver.
This position is for someone looking to be in place for a while. It requires excellent leadership and communication skills. Word of Life Center is a well established and growing church which was founded over thirty years ago. We have an excellent work environment and a wonderful team.
-Some video editing using any of the following: FCP, Motion, Live Type, After Effect, and
- Technical directing experience
- Live production experience
- Experience with video production systems engineering, troubleshooting, installation, cameras, A/V routers, switchers, wiring and minor repairs.
- Must be familiar with video projection / I-mag and projection screens
- Must have a working knowledge of current multi-media technologies and HD
- Some audio mixing experience in F.O.H. position as well as in live broadcast
- Must have a working knowledge of audio engineering and troubleshooting
- Must have lighting experience for studio, stage, and outdoors. Also, a working
understanding of DMX address assignments and universe, console setup, and
moving head fixtures
- Proficient with Apple computers including networking, firewire technologies, and
- Must be familiar with current internet technologies
- Must have strong communication, organization and leadership skills
Salaries are commensurate with education and experience. We offer a compensation package that includes benefits, and personal and professional development opportunities.