This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mariners Church Resource Center Director
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/10/2008
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Turn-around existing donation center in support of various local ministries by developing a profitable/break-even business model built on ministry values.
• Intimate and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Positive focus and attitude
• Clear communicator
• Mission minded
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency to reach goals
• Passion for ministry to the poor and serving the ministries that serves the poor.
• Ability to work with volunteers in a results-oriented environment
• Re-branding and turnaround experience preferred.
• Successful thrift or retail experience.
1. Able to develop and implement vision for successful operation that demonstrates these values:
a. Distribution of goods to poor and needy.
b. Exposure of Mariners Church to the community.
c. Develop a powerful volunteer and work “experience.” The experience of working, volunteering or interacting with Mariners staff at this center needs to leave a really positive and enjoyable impression.
d. Provide a vehicle to give away high quality material possessions and develop generosity in doing so.
e. Strengthen faith based organizations by our re-donating efforts.
2. Coordinate the recruiting, scheduling and training of volunteer staff.
3. Oversee the solicitation for donated goods.
4. Manage all business aspects of the Resource Center, including facilities, inventory, income and expenses, etc.
5. Coordinate partnerships with other Outreach Ministries.
6. Develop creative and unconventional solutions to enable the center to reach its potential and beyond.
7. Increase market visibility with community and local pastors.
8. Work with Resource Center Advisory team to develop an annual budget.
9. Online sales operation
-Base salary plus bonus and full benefits package.
-Applicant should be in the area or soon to be in the area. No relocation costs will be offered.