This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
Central Community Church
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 09/27/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Church of God -- Anderson
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Student Ministries
Ministry Objective & Mission: To execute the mission of Central Community Church (C3): changing lives, turning uncommitted people into fully developed followers of Christ. The C3 Student Ministries will do this in the lives of students by training, equipping, discipling, and developing leaders to love the students of Central Community Church and their parents, providing them godly opportunities for life-change.
The Student Ministries are passionate about the godly success of students and their leaders in order to glorify God in thought, word, and action, becoming the living sacrifices God has called His children to be. The three major areas of Student Ministries are:
* College/Career (Post High School, ages 18-24),
* High School (9th-12th grades), and
* Middle School (7th-8th grades).
All Student Ministries leaders should:
* Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
* Meet the biblical qualifications for elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
* Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
* Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
* Be a team player with a positive attitude
* Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching (Romans 12:7), leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28)
* Enthusiastically promote and agree with the statement of faith, core values, mission, vision, and purposes of C3
* Sense God’s leadership to lead student ministry
* Have an undergraduate degree from a college/university and/or Master’s degree from an accredited evangelical seminary (those still in pursuit of degree will be considered)
* Ability to recruit, select, and equip volunteers & develop leaders
* Ability to teach God’s Word effectively and accurately
* Be loyal to the leadership of Central Community Church
* Complete the necessary background checks as required by C3 policies
The Pastor of Student Ministries will achieve success when the following conditions exist:
* Personal, spiritual, & professional growth is regularly and aggressively pursued.
* The vision and philosophy of Student Ministries has been, and continues to be, communicated, and a structure and strategy has been implemented and is continually improved.
* There is development, oversight, and training of all levels of leadership within the Student Ministries including student leadership and adult leadership.
* There are demonstrable effects of changed lives and deepening relationships with Jesus Christ at all levels of leadership in Student Ministries.
* The reputation of Student Ministries throughout C3 is overwhelmingly positive and all levels of Student Ministries are supported by students’ parents without significant reservation.
* There is demonstrable commitment to the prevention and risk reduction of any form of child abuse
* New students are rapidly contacted and visits to schools to encourage students are regularly accomplished.
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive, and/or Senior Pastor are done with excellence and in glory to God.