Responsibilities (in order of priority):
- The Associate Pastor will oversee CBC’s Student Ministry in all of its aspects including: teaching and personally discipling youth, developing and implementing a discipleship and evangelism based vision for Student Ministries, leading the weekly Youth Group
gathering, organizing and participating in regularly scheduled outreach events and other activities, and equipping and training adult volunteers.
- The Associate Pastor will oversee Children’s Ministry, including: recruiting and training Sunday School, Children’s Church, and VBS teachers and volunteers.
- The Associate Pastor will also serve in a variety of other ministry capacities including leading a small group and fulfilling general pastoral ministry tasks (visitation, counseling, visitor follow-up, etc.). Dependent upon his gifts, he also
may be a member of the Elder Council, and may assist in preaching, weddings, funerals, and counseling.
- Depending upon his gifts, the Associate Pastor may also lead CBC’s Praise Band, plan the weekly worship service(s), and recruit and oversee volunteers for the Worship Ministry Team. However, candidates lacking musical gifts will also be carefully considered.
- Evidence of a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for ministry.
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of evangelism, discipleship and small group ministry.
- Musical talent and the ability to lead in worship singing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following areas: interpersonal/people skills; leadership, management and administrative skills; communication skills (written and oral); and problem-solving skills.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Chillicothe Bible Church and a willingness to submit to the church's by-laws and policies.
- A willingness to pursue licensure and/or ordination with the EFCA and to participate in relevant EFCA activities.
- A willingness to spend time with individual congregation members and to be part of their lives as well as to model relationship building with non-Christians.
- Commitment to maintaining an annual average work week of approximately fifty hours (including all facets of ministry), and to communicate to the Senior Pastor and the Church Secretary his whereabouts during office hours (9 AM-5 PM, Tuesday-Friday).
- His own household must be in order, and there must be nothing present in his private life that, if known, would bring reproach on himself, the church, and the Lord Jesus Christ.