This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Marriage and Family Pastor
San Diego, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/08/2008
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT AT THE ROCK CHURCH: Please forward a current resume and completed application to email@example.com. The Rock employment application can be found at www.therocksandiego.org/jobs-internships. All submissions without a completed application will be considered incomplete.
The Marriage and Family Pastor shall provide leadership in promoting healthy Christian marriages and relationships between pre-marital couples. The responsibility shall include the recruitment and training of staff and lay leaders; developing and managing preventive, enrichment, and remedial programs for pre-marital and married couples; maintaining proper coordination and working relationships with other church ministries, lay/mentor couples and counseling professionals; as well as accomplishing all administrative duties required to keep this ministry arm of the Rock Church functioning effectively.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Policy and Guidance
1. Develops and maintains pre-marital and marital counseling policies in consent with the Rock Church mission.
2. Keeps the spiritual aim of edification integrated in all ministries to pre-marital and married couples.
3. Develops and maintains continuity of the marriage and couples ministry through change of personnel.
Marriage and Couples Ministry
1. Plans and develops teaching ministries to couples that promote marriage themes (e.g. premarital courses, marriage enrichment courses, marriage retreats, etc).
2. Develops and sustains an effective training program for all lay and mentor couples.
3. Develops and sustains ongoing supervision (including evaluation) of paid and lay staff members.
4. Maintains a referral network of various levels of professional counselors.
5. Conducts personal pre-marital and marital counseling.
6. Provide supplemental counselor training to both Pastoral and Lay Leaders.
7. Develop and sustain a premarital counseling program, including training of mentor couples.
8. Plan and promote activities which will enhance the spiritual and relational development for all pre-marital and married couples (e.g. date nights, small group opportunities, etc).
9. Create evangelistic opportunities to reach pre-marital and married couples in greater San Diego.
10. Give advice in developing book, audio, and video resources for the RockPile.
1. Oversee the marriage and couples ministry, and as a ministry staff member be under the mutual accountability of the Executive Pastor over Ministries.
2. Work in close coordination with all Pastoral and Support staff.
3. Communicate closely with the Communications and Facilities Department in sharing information for the website, church calendar, program planning, and the use of facilities.
4. Provide nurture and direction for associate staff and lay leaders.
1. Perform long-range planning for the marriage and couples ministry.
2. Procure, maintain and distribute materials and equipment related to this ministry.
3. Coordinate building use and allocation of space related needs to this ministry.
4. Prepare and oversee the marriage and couples ministry budget.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the Marriage and Family Pastor may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Save, Equip and Send Executive Pastor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
1. Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
2. Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment.
3. At least 5 years experience as a Marriage and Family Pastor or Marriage and Family Counseling role preferred.
4. Exceptional leadership and people skills with the ability to recognize and manage employee expectations and morale; interacting with and providing credible leadership to all levels of employees, church members and visitors.
5. Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously – including the ability to resolve internal (employee) and external (visitor/guest) conflict.
6. Proven ability to work well with and leverage volunteers through all aspects of ministry.
7. Well-developed motivational skill set and demonstrated servant leadership qualities.
8. Self motivated and goal oriented with a desire to continue learning and growing.
9. Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
11. Must understand how to maximize human resources and develop employees through the use of effective delegation.
12. Computer skills to include word processing, basic spreadsheets, Outlook, Lotus Notes, and other industry-specific programs.
13. Regular involvement in the Rock Church activities and events.
14. Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
15. Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church employee handbook.
16. Regular Attendee of a Rock weekend service.
17. Member of the Rock A.R.M.Y