This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor
Ridge Point Community Church
Holland, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 10/08/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 29
Please go to Ridgepoint.org>employment opportunities for employment application. Email completed application (along with resume, if desired) to email@example.com, or mail to Ridge Point Community Church, 340 104th Ave, Holland, MI 49423. You may also fax it to (616) 395-2642.
Title: Children’s Ministry Pastor
Reporting Relationships: The Children’s Ministry Pastor will report to the Discipleship Pastor. Children’s Ministry Programming Coordinators will report to the Children’s Ministry Pastor.
Functions: To be the visionary leader for Children’s Ministry, facilitating the development and implementation of effective ministry to children (birth-5th grade) and their families. To intentionally lead staff and volunteer teams to develop children spiritually, relationally, and missionally through weekend and mid-week gatherings/teachings.
Hours: Full-time, consistent presence on weekends required with occasional evening hours
• Facilitate a visioning process to move paid staff and volunteer leaders in a common, aligning direction consistent with the mission, vision and core values of Ridge Point
• Develop and implement strategies to engage children in catalytic spiritual experiences, transformational relationships and missional living through mid-week, weekend, and special services/events
• Be proactive in understanding the culture surrounding today’s generation of children and their families, continually evaluating and strengthening connections between the church and families with young children through intentional and consistent communication with parents
• Continually evaluate trends in Children’s Ministry, implementing the best quality program that we can offer to children and families while evaluating sustainability and impact
• Empower parents in their roles as the spiritual leaders of their families and provide leadership to parents exploring Child Baptism/Dedication
• Empower volunteer leaders in the coordination of Special Events (Ex. Trunk or Treat, Kids Camp, etc.)
• Empower volunteer leaders of the Special Needs Ministry and The Fort (mid-week program)
• Develop a leadership and training model to empower volunteer leaders in a fast pace and growing church environment
• Proactively evaluate and recommend solutions for expanding ministry needs (Ex. Physical space, Staffing, Financial Resources, etc.). Hold teams accountable for spending within budgeted allowance.
• Provide consulting and guidance for children’s ministry programs of Ridge Point satellite locations
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior, that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible; Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point’s “Statement of Belief”
• Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed
• Genuine servant-hood, faith-centeredness, and spiritual maturity
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, sheparding, and encouragement
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth
• Effective communicator with public speaking experience
• Eagerness to have a visible presence in the faith community
• Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employment
• Preferred three years experience in leading successful children’s ministry in a large, growing church environment
• Preferred three years of proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate volunteer teams
• B.A. or equivalent experience required (preferred Education or Ministry degree)