Site Worship & Media Coordinator
The Gathering will create Christian community that is compelling for new generations of people in St. Louis.
To invite new people to becoming deeply committed followers of Christ.
We deepen our faith by following Christ through 5-shared practices:
- learning in small group
- prayer & meditation
- serving the church & the community
The Site Worship & Media Coordinator will:
- Partner with the Clayton Site Pastor to coordinate and lead an excellent, authentic, and compelling worship experience that reflects and emphasizes the overall vision for worship at The Gathering, under the direction and leadership of the Worship Director.
- Report to the Clayton Site Pastor as part of a site-specific staff team, with additional accountability to the Worship Director in this and other areas, and attend weekly meetings with the Site Pastor and other site staff.
- Partner with the Worship Director to plan and implement The Gathering’s vision for worship with a commitment to excellence, innovation, and creativity across sites.
- Coordinate and lead in the areas of: Social Media, Video, Web Content Management & Maintenance, Weekly Squib/Handout Formatting, and Cloud Storage Management/Archiving.
- Partner with the Worship Director to lead and equip talented Creative Teams for worship & communications (graphic design, video, worship space design, etc.)
As a result of this position, we expect:
- Worship to increase in excellence, creativity, and spiritual depth across all sites.
- The vision for worship at The Gathering to be implemented at the site(s) in a clear, compelling, and consistent manner, and for this vision to be reflected in a compelling and excellent through our online presence and resources.
- The continued recruitment and development of worship and communication related teams along with the associated leadership of these site-specific and church-wide teams.
- Coordinated communication effort online, in social media, and in print. Timely creation and updating of content and effective promotion of online content in social media.
- Numeric growth of people attending worship across sites, and at the Clayton Site in particular, along with the increasing use and leverage of our online resources.
1. Coordinate and lead the worship related ministries of the Clayton Site-
- Work with the Site Pastor and Worship Director to implement The Gathering’s vision for a sound approach to music and congregational singing and lead the people of The Gathering in worship in a participatory way that draws them closer to Christ. We expect the congregation to be taught and led in singing.
- In consultation with the Site Pastor and Worship Director, select and prepare music for weekly worship and any additional worship services, and prepare/equip bands and worship leaders for worship using the tools provided by The Gathering and other resources, and arrange for weekly rehearsal of bands/musicians (and any additional rehearsals that may be needed).
- Coordinate and manage audio/visual elements, resources, and equipment and manage preparation of these aspects of worship at the Clayton Site (screens, sermon playback, audio, lighting, physical elements of the worship space, etc.), along with the associated volunteers/teams, under the direction of the Worship Director.
2. Develop, coordinate, and lead site-specific and church-wide teams of worship-related volunteers:
- Recruit and develop site-specific musicians, bands, and worship leaders and contribute to the overall culture of creativity, excellence, innovation, and congregational participation in worship at The Gathering in partnership with the Worship Director and other staff and volunteer leaders.
- Partner with the Worship Director to coordinate, grow, and multiply church-wide creative teams at The Gathering in the areas of video, graphic design, songwriting, worship space design, web content-management/presence, etc. and to shape the worship life of the church.
3. Coordinate Media and Communications
- Lead team of writers/designers to design and produce sermon series and other graphics/video content for print/online use and use in worship.
- Edit, upload, manage, and archive weekly sermon content (audio & video) on The Gathering’s Vimeo, Soundcloud, Podcast, website, social media, cloud storage, and physical server.
- Manage the online identity and resources of The Gathering through the website and social media. Drive traffic to and from our website and social media via consistent and compelling content updates.
- Maintain and update The Gathering’s website (changing content and images, setting up class registrations, etc.) as needed.
- Weekly squib/handout formatting (update content and images).
- Explore new opportunities to leverage media and communications in compelling ways.
4. Other duties as assigned by the Site Pastor and/or the Worship Director
Hours and Expectations:
1. This position is full-time (40+ hours a week), with presence required on Sundays at the Clayton Site.
2. This position is salaried.
3. Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
4. Must have an authentic commitment to The Gathering’s vision, mission and practices.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorGrace Church of Glendora
- Glendora, California
- January 23
Creative Arts ResidentNorth Church
- Spokane, Washington
- January 23
Worship PastorNorthfield Church
- Gering, Nebraska
- January 23
Director of Contemporary WorshipCenterville Community Church
- Centerville, Ohio
- January 23
Worship Arts PastorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- January 23
The Gathering United Methodist Church is a growing, multi-site church that exists to create a Christian community that is compelling for new generations in St. Louis. In 2006, group of mission-minded people, including Rev. Matt Miofsky, began to have conversations about how a new church might transform the City of St. Louis. Together, they worked to bring this vision to life, and invite new generations of people together to become deeply committed followers of Christ. The Gathering community shares five practices: worship, learning in s More...