Community of Hope United Methodist Church in Mansfield, Texas, an energetic, casual, growing church, is seeking a Director of Student Ministries. As a key member of our church ministry leadership team, the Director of Student Ministries will….
- Create a culturally relevant and engaging atmosphere that will attract students, with a goal of helping them grow into deeply committed followers of Christ and equipping them to discover and grow in their gifts to serve others
- Be an entrepreneurial and visionary leader--a ministry expert who is gifted at vision-casting and strategic development for a comprehensive Student Ministry
- Be excellent at recruitment and development of leaders. Be highly relational and enjoy investing in people, equipping them to relationally invest in others
- Have a passion for and ability to relate well with middle and high school students; able to communicate Biblical truth in a way that is engaging and relevant to the issues they face
- Have a heart for family-based ministry, able to inspire and equip parents to be the primary spiritual leaders of their children
- Be team-oriented. The Minister of Students will work in partnership with the Director of Family Ministry to provide a comprehensive plan for spiritual growth from cradle to college age using Orange strategies
- Be detail-oriented and organized, able to manage an annual budget and engage in long-range planning; proficient in planning and executing retreats, camps and mission trips
- Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, demonstrating humility and teachability
- Demonstrate professional and interpersonal maturity, with 2-3 years of experience leading a student ministry and an undergraduate degree
Community of Hope is a church with a true family-feel, and a huge heart for the unchurched. Our staff members enjoy supportive leaders and a great deal of creative license within a truly collaborative environment. This position is full time, but
will involve duties outside of student ministry, depending on the gifts of the student minister.
If you meet the above criteria, and if serving God in student ministry is your passion, please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.