Providence Church is seeking an experienced Director of Administration to lead and sustain the church’s administrative capabilities (human, physical and financial), and ensure they are effectively and efficiently supporting the ministries of Providence Church.
In addition the Director of Administration may contribute primary work product in one or more areas, depending on experience and other qualifications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The core areas of responsibility for the Director of Administration are noted below. Leadership and oversight of these areas are estimated to require 15-20 hours per week.
1) Administrative Staff Support and Development
2) Leadership and Oversight of Administrative Systems Oversee the design, implementation, operation and ongoing evaluation of the administrative systems that support the church’s ministry staff and teams:
- Office Administration
- Facility Administration
- Employee Administration
- Financial Administration
- Communication with the congregation and local community
Over time, expected growth should result in the areas noted above demanding full time from the Director of Administration. Near term, in the remaining 20+ hours per week the Director of Administration will be expected to:
- contribute to the work of a Providence ministry, and/or
- contribute through primary work product in one or more of the administrative areas noted above, and/or
- participate in special projects in support of the Church’s leadership. The specific projects and alignment will reflect the background and experiences of the Director.
- Meets the biblical qualifications for an elder
- Thinks systemically about how the church operates; ensures systems are in place to be front-footed in support of the church’s ministry
- Brings a ministry mindset to the operation of the church’s administrative functions
- Is effective as a people manager in a multi-discipline environment (finance, IT, communication, facilities, etc); has a natural style of providing coordination and integration to the work of the team
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate persuasively both verbally and in writing
- Takes personal initiative and demonstrates diligence in follow-through on tasks and commitments
Experience and Education Requirements
- Solid understanding of office technology, including desktop automation tools (i.e. Microsoft Office suite), internet and social networking tools required. Working understanding of in-house IT network management a plus
- Promote organizational effectiveness
- Helps teams create and execute operating strategies and plans successfully
- Able to create new work processes and systems to meet changing needs of the church
- People management skills, both with direct reports and in managing through others. Experienced in personnel management
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree at minimum
- Minimum of 5 years relevant business administration experience
- The Director of Administration will be expected to become a member and regularly participate in worship and ministry at Providence Church
Compensation & Hours
This is a full time salary position with compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested candidates may request a job description and should email their resume to email@example.com