Reports to: Executive Pastor, Nima Reza
The Springs Church mission statement: To be people who glorify and enjoy God in such a way that many are drawn to Him.
Oversee all fiscal and financial operations for The Springs Church, and provide leadership and coordination in the business planning, accounting and budget efforts of The Springs Church.
The Accountant must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, a person of character and integrity who views this position as a calling from God. The Director of Finance must exemplify the purpose, philosophy and doctrine of the church, outlined here http://thespringschurch.com/about-us/what-we-believe/doctrine. He or she must also fulfill the character qualifications of a Christian as taught in the Scriptures.
- Bachelor Degree or higher, or equivilant accounting experience
- Mac OSX and Windows operating system experience
- Basic Microsoft Office or Apple iWork skills preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and or other accounting software
- Adept at learning and following technical trends
- Ability to collaborate with teams to present ideas and projects, but also capable of working independently on projects and objectives without direct supervision
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Ability to write documentation to benefit extended team members
- Record invoices into accounting system and categorize for proper expensing into correct accounts and issue checks for required signatures and payment
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Management of all bank accounts: checking, savings, Visa savings, and PayPal accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Process credit card receipts and reconcile all credit card accounts monthly
- Manage the PayPal account for missionaries and monthly reporting to missionaries
- Enter all monies credited to church account into correct income programs
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management, including profit/loss, balance sheet and charts
- Write checks related to expense reports and reimbursements
- Petty cash fund responsibility and tracking
- Community Builder Online donation downloads, designations and QuickBooks entries
- Communicate with management regarding offering questions and designations
- Manage deposits from Community Builder into QuickBooks
- Prepare and deliver deposits for children’s church, book table sales, petty cash, etc.
- Prepare wire transfers as required
- Oversee personnel files for W4s, 19s, W9, etc. and church legal files as required
- Manage payroll deductions and benefit requirements for employee’s and contractors using ADP payroll service
- Monitor quarterly reporting by ADP for accuracy
- Record payroll into QuickBooks and issue checks and paystubs as required. Check payroll reports for accuracy, set up for direct deposits, etc.
- File governmental forms as required
- Yearly reporting requirements and issuance of W2s and 1099s
- Monitor and modification of chart of accounts as required
- Prepare budgets based on actual exspenses, as requested
- Prepare journal entries into QuickBooks as required
- Report financial performance, along with weekly and monthly department spending to management
- Prepare financial forecast
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures
Thank you for your interest in working for The Springs Church.
Please submitt your Application, Cover Letter and Resume to:
Assistant to Pastors Nima and Cheryl Reza
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Graphic DesignerGrace Christian Center
- Killeen, Texas
- November 29
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Video Content ProducerHeartland Community Church
- Rockford, Wisconsin
- November 18
History TeacherMorningside Academy
- Port Saint Lucie, Florida
- November 4