This ministry will concentrate in the areas listed below. It is understood that all associate ministry positions may also involve other pastoral and administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To lead the Youth Ministries of FBC by:
- Actively discipling the Jr. High & Sr. High students of FBC.
- Providing for student outreach opportunities.
- Equipping the teens for evangelism and Christian service.
- Developing an adult volunteer ministry leadership team.
Secondary Purpose: To support the Young Adult ministry by:
- Equipping and nurturing its lay leaders.
- Strategically transitioning students from the Youth Ministry into the Young Adult Ministry.
- Actively participating in the Young Adult ministry.
- Gives testimony to a personal and growing Christian faith.
- Meets the biblical criteria of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- A divine calling to minister to youth.
- A Baccalaureate degree in biblical studies or other related field (preferred).
- In agreement with the FBC Statement of Faith.
- Sound and capable Bible teacher.
- Ability to organize and lead ministry programs, events and volunteers.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Able to take direction and follow-through on tasks.
- Committed to being a contributing and cooperating member of the FBC leadership team.
- Experience in student ministries.
- Excellent relationship skills.
- Committed to personal enrichment and professional development.
- The Associate Pastor of Youth reports directly to the Sr. Pastor.
- The Sr. Pastor will supervise and mentor the Associate Pastor of Youth.
- The Sr. Pastor will annually evaluate the performance of the Associate Pastor of Youth and provide a written report of evaluation to the Board of Deacons.
- Prepare for and attend weekly ministry coaching sessions with the Senior Pastor.
- Prepare for and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive student ministries program to include youth worship, outreach, discipleship, student leadership & ministry training and guest follow-up.
- Plan and coordinate special events (camps, retreats, service projects, etc.) that promote Christian growth, fellowship and evangelism.
- Develop meaningful, supportive relationships within the FBC body focusing primarily on students & their parents, and the church leadership team.
- Recruit, train and equip a team of parents (and other committed adults) to serve as youth ministry sponsors.
- Be a visible participant in the body life of FBC.
- Develop and administer a plan for transitioning graduating seniors into the young adult ministries.
- Provide shepherding care (visitation, pastoral counseling, etc.) as needed.
- Share in preaching duties as assigned.