Director of Children’s Ministry
ChristChurch Presbyterian (CCP) is looking for an energetic, engaging, creative person to join our NEXT GENERATION MINISTRY TEAM as
Director of Children’s Ministry, a full-time position overseeing Preschool, Elementary, and Switch (5th & 6th grades). We are praying for a dynamic leader who loves God, loves children, and loves those who serve children. We need a visionary
leader who can take us to the next level of ministering to children. The right candidate will have a heart for building good foundations and will know how to encourage and equip people for ministry. This person will enjoy working with church children and
their families and have a great desire to reach un-churched children. Recruiting and equipping volunteers will be essential for the success of this ministry. This person will have special oversight responsibilities, within our NEXT GENERATION MINISTRIES,
to co-ordinate and lead preschool, elementary, and Switch and to co-ordinate closely with those who lead middle school, high school and College ministries. He/she will oversee a volunteer preschool coordinator, a salaried administrator, and many church members
who serve week by week.
The right person will have a life that is aligned to the character and priorities of Jesus Christ:
• Total dependence on God and the Holy Spirit (John 5:19)
• Walking as Jesus walked in everyday living (1 John 2:6)
• Loving God with all that you are (Mark 12:30-31)
• Submissive and obedient to Jesus as the Head of the Church
• Committed to maintaining a real, authentic relationship with Him, both in your personal and public life.
• Making disciples who can themselves then make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20)
We are looking for someone who, out of submission to Christ, submits to the authority of and actively engages in the direction set forth by the leadership of CCP (Eph. 3:10-11, 5:22-32, Titus 3:1-2).
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members at CCP including worship attendance, home group participation, a generous life, and a faithful following of your call and giftedness.
- Understands the value of local community and its outreach potential
- Enjoys a rich diversity of opportunities to connect with and serve children and families.
As the full-time Children’s Director in the Next Generation Ministry Team, you will lead, recruit, train and deploy great unpaid servant teams; and partner with parents to grow strong families and young followers of Jesus. You will ensure that outreach
is constantly on the agenda of CCP’s Children’s Ministry.
You will oversee and guide large numbers of volunteers in pre-school; pre-school administration staff; a Child Protection Officer; and other Key Lay Leaders.
We seek someone who is able to
- lead clearly and firmly yet with spiritual sensitivity
- recruit and develop leaders, providing insight, direction and leadership
- shepherd and empower other leaders and transition kids into and out of this ministry well
- confidently present a warm family atmosphere
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple-staff management and organization.
- Experience in church setting with children’s/family ministry.
- Orange/Rethink experience or deep understanding of strategies a benefit.
More Information and Application
Please e-mail the Senior Pastor, Dr Paul D Gardner, at email@example.com requesting a more detailed description for the post and an application form. Applications can be made by email, and must be received by March 8th 2013. Suitable
candidates will be called for interview.