REPORTS TO: Pastor, Itasca Campus
The Pastor of Worship and Youth is a campus-specific position that exists to glorify God by multiplying God-centered, Christ-exalting, world transforming believers through congregational worship and ministry to High School students, Junior High School students,
and children through the Gospel in the greater Itasca.
- Work in coordination with the Pastor to choose music for worship services.
- Lead the congregation in worship 46 weeks of the year including Easter weekend, Christmas Eve and Christmas Sunday.
- Recruit and audition potential worship team members.
- Schedule and rehearse worship team each week.
- Find a replacement worship leader three weeks in advance if you are planning to be gone and coordinate worship set.
- Review new worship music to introduce a new song to the congregation every two months.
- Recruit, coordinate and train volunteers for the youth group for Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings at Family LIFE.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the content and quality of the Sunday morning teaching/discussion and Wednesday Family LIFE.
- Plan an outside service or social event at least once per quarter.
- Plan an outreach event at least twice a year.
- Attend all Orchard retreats for youth
- Recruit, coordinate and train volunteers and teachers for Sunday school and Family LIFE.
- Choose curriculum in coordination with the Campus Pastor.
- Recruit, coordinate and train workers for the nursery.
- Supervise and maintain the quality of the teaching in each classroom.
- Oversee the planning of the Eggs @ The Orchard event.
- Evaluate the value and potential of a summer event for children and families and oversee its implementation.
- Attend staff meetings
- Contribute to the direction and vision of the campus with the Campus Pastor.
- Assist the Campus Pastor when necessary.
- Play the role of Campus Pastor when Campus Pastor is gone.
- Meets qualifications for leadership referenced in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in effectively running youth ministry
- Experience in children’s ministry a plus
- Ability to recruit, rehearse and effective lead a contemporary worship band vocally
- Ability to play guitar or piano preferred
- Ability to organize, analyze and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude and loyalty
- Self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently
- Positive and supportive attitude