REPORTS TO: Pastor, Itasca Campus
The Pastor of Worship and Youth is a campus-specific position that exists to glorify God by multiplying God-centered, Christ-exalting, world transforming believers through congregational worship and ministry to High School students, Junior High School students, and children through the Gospel in the greater Itasca.
- Work in coordination with the Pastor to choose music for worship services.
- Lead the congregation in worship 46 weeks of the year including Easter weekend, Christmas Eve and Christmas Sunday.
- Recruit and audition potential worship team members.
- Schedule and rehearse worship team each week.
- Find a replacement worship leader three weeks in advance if you are planning to be gone and coordinate worship set.
- Review new worship music to introduce a new song to the congregation every two months.
- Recruit, coordinate and train volunteers for the youth group for Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings at Family LIFE.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the content and quality of the Sunday morning teaching/discussion and Wednesday Family LIFE.
- Plan an outside service or social event at least once per quarter.
- Plan an outreach event at least twice a year.
- Attend all Orchard retreats for youth
- Recruit, coordinate and train volunteers and teachers for Sunday school and Family LIFE.
- Choose curriculum in coordination with the Campus Pastor.
- Recruit, coordinate and train workers for the nursery.
- Supervise and maintain the quality of the teaching in each classroom.
- Oversee the planning of the Eggs @ The Orchard event.
- Evaluate the value and potential of a summer event for children and families and oversee its implementation.
- Attend staff meetings
- Contribute to the direction and vision of the campus with the Campus Pastor.
- Assist the Campus Pastor when necessary.
- Play the role of Campus Pastor when Campus Pastor is gone.
- Meets qualifications for leadership referenced in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in effectively running youth ministry
- Experience in children’s ministry a plus
- Ability to recruit, rehearse and effective lead a contemporary worship band vocally
- Ability to play guitar or piano preferred
- Ability to organize, analyze and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude and loyalty
- Self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently
- Positive and supportive attitude
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
The Orchard Evangelical Free Church
The Orchard is one congregation worshipping in four communities and serving across the greater Chicago area. Today, we have campuses in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Itasca and Marengo—each of which stays true to our Gospel-centered mission while also tailoring their ministries to their unique congregations. Our mission is “to glorify God by multiplying God-centered, Christ-exalting, world-transforming believers through the Gospel in the greater Chicago area and around the world.”More...