This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Baptist Church
Augusta, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 10/02/2008
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The Business Manager assumes the responsibilities as the primary contact point for all business related issues at First Baptist Church. This position has the overall responsibility for the coordination between non-pastoral church office staff and Church Departments and Committees; the facilities operations including custodial support and insurance issues; the accounting and financial business operations; and computers and technology issues.
The Business Manager shall be a full-time staff member and serve under the direction of the Board of Church Ministries and Senior Pastor. He/She shall be an ex-officio member of the Church Departments and Committees to which he/she is assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. A strong, mature Christian with a desire to serve;
2. Has demonstrated the gift of finance and administration;
3. Has a thorough understanding of nonprofit accounting, bookkeeping and financial management information requirements;
4. Bachelor of Science/Arts in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent and five years in the management of an ongoing business entity are highly desirable;
5. Seminary training is desirable but not mandatory;
6. Has demonstrated excellent computer skills in financial software, spreadsheets and word processing;
7. Has demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills;
8. Has demonstrated strong organizational, problem-solving, and conflict-resolution skills;
9. Has demonstrated the ability to motivate and train other staff members and volunteers with a servant-leadership management style;
10. Has demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team;
11. Basic Technical competence (general computer maintenance, network) would be an asset but not required.
1. Coordinate the activities of all non-pastoral staff members and Departments and Committees as designated by Board of Church Ministries and Senior Pastor.
2. Provide input in annual employee evaluations and assist the Personnel and Staff Relations Committee in resolving staff conflicts when necessary.
3. Develop and maintain an effective system of internal controls.
4. Develop and maintain an inventory of church property for insurance and valuation purposes.
5. Manage the overall purchasing and spending guidelines of the church, and monitor the adherence to the Constitution and Policy.
6. Supervise petty cash management.
7. Perform or oversee all accounts payable.
8. Supervise or perform payroll calculations, including all employers’ tax returns and payments.
9. Prepare or oversee preparation of monthly Financial Statements.
10. Perform or oversee reconciliation of bank statements.
11. Coordinate and prepare yearly budget in cooperation with each Department.
12. Work in close association with the entire staff to build and maintain a strong team environment among the staff to complete the work necessary to fully serve and support the ministries and events at First Baptist Church.
13. Cooperate with the Senior Pastor by performing any other duties when asked.
14. Other responsibilities would be based on time availability and spiritual gifts of successful candidate.
This position will be based on a minimum of a flexible 40-hour work week as determined through consultation with the Pastoral Staff.
All leave is subject to the current Staff Leave and Benefits Policy