To apply for this position please visit our website at
www.savannahchristian.com/employment and complete our online application. If you have any questions you may contact
Reports To: Production Arts Ministries Team Leader
Category of Employment: Support Staff, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively assisting in the oversight of the Production Ministry with emphasis on Sound Engineering, by encouraging and promoting worship centered on the principles of Biblical Community and spiritual formation.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a leader in a production ministry.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: The candidate should have general proficiency across the three main disciplines of the production arts (Audio/Video/Lighting), with an emphasis on audio engineering and lighting design. Candidate must exhibit
excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Candidate must be
tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, being able to work with a wide variety of people. Candidate must be able to problem solve, maintain and protect confidentiality,
and have excellent written and verbal skills. Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines. Must be a motivated and effective recruiter and manager of volunteers.
- Physical Demands:
- May be called upon for lifting, pulling, bending, climbing, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
- Operation of church vehicles.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Must be an active, participating member of Savannah Christian Church or another Bible-believing church.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
- General staff responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in meeting team/ministry goals and objectives and provide organizational structure for the Production Ministries Team.
- Serve as a mentor to staff within the team to ensure cohesive team performance.
- A pro-active work ethic including a self-motivated drive for efficiency and organization.
- The ATL must excel at recruiting, training, scheduling and directing production ministry staff, contract workers and teams of volunteers to accomplish live video and audio production.
- Oversees ministry events that require Production Arts assistance outside of the Worship Services
- Facilitate open lines of communication between members of team.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task several projects at the same time.
- Oversee maintenance and inventory.
- Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
- Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
- Serve in any production position needed during weekend services and special events.
- In conjunction with the Production Ministries Team Leader, coordinate/schedule staff and volunteers needed to support worship services, special events, rehearsals, productions and other Worship Arts functions.
- The ATL assists with research, purchase, installation, management and maintenance of AVL systems as assigned by the Production Arts Team Leader.
- In the absence of the Production Ministries Team Leader, serve as the Production Team liaison to the Programming Team. Communicate with the Production Teams regarding requirements and requests for all worship services.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.