Summary of Position:
Responsible for leading worship and music ministry at Hope Point.
Qualifications For Position:
This position requires the following:
- A credible testimony to saving faith in Christ alone and evidence of a thriving and growing relationship with Him.
- Good organizational and planning skills in recruiting leadership and training band members.
- A strong desire to assimilate talented Hope Point members into an area of music ministry where their gifts can be utilized in a spirit of excellence.
- A 4-yr degree in an applicable field of study is desirable.
- Strong support of Hope Point’s core values and vision statement.
- Personal character and spiritual maturity as evidenced by lifestyle and a willingness to recognize, submit to, and be accountable to the leadership of Hope Point Church.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Organize and lead the band through weekly practice and Sunday setup so as to maximize preparedness and excellence in worship.
- Select appropriate worship songs for Sunday worship through routine communications with the Teaching Pastor and the worship band. Exercise creativity in song selection and execution to appeal to a wide range of ethnicities.
- Select and lead special music during special seasons of the year, i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc.
- Purchase materials and equipment to support the music ministry at Hope Point.
- Meet with and encourage band members and volunteers routinely.
- Demonstrate creativity and wisdom in the music ministry- staying true to Christ-centered focus while appealing to multiple genres.
- Maintain accurate records via receipts for all monies expended for the music ministry and report these expenses once per month on a Hope Point Expense form.
- Support the church staff and leadership through effective communication of significant news or events, participation in staff planning activities, and active “followship” of church leadership.
- Counsel Hope Point members as needed or directed.
- Meet the approved fiscal budget for the music ministry each year via responsible spending.
- Perform other duties outside of the music ministry as necessary and as defined by the Director of Administration.
Full time, benefits included. Recommended office are 22 hours per week for this position, but are flexible in that ministry to/ with leaders and band outside the office is expected and encouraged. Staff meeting attendance each week is mandatory.
Commensurate with related experience and skills.
None other than supervision of volunteers.
Director of Administration