Lead Student Pastor – Heritage Church, Rock Island, Ill.
Are you a people magnet with a contagious passion for reaching students with the love of God? Are you a leader of leaders? Do you like being on the cutting edge of youth ministry and multi-site ministry? Does coaching a staff team of fellow youth leaders
excite you? Do young people actually think you’re kinda cool?
If so, you may be just the person we're looking for.
Heritage church is one of the largest and most innovative Wesleyan churches in the country. We are one church in multiple locations, with campuses in Iowa and Illinois.
If the thought of working with and leading hundreds of students grades 6-12 makes you think "bring it on" rather than "bring me some aspirin", read on for more of the specifics:
- Experienced in developing adults and students to assume leadership roles
- Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least three years of demonstrated growth
- A whiz at communicating and relating to people; specifically young people
- Capable of understanding, leading and excelling in a multi-site, centrally driven youth ministry model
- Able to commit to the mission, vision and core values of Heritage Church
You will be...
- In charge of leading the youth ministry at our central (Rock Island) campus as well as being the lead student pastor to all of our campuses directing our student ministry DNA and model working with the youth pastors and volunteer leaders at our other campuses
- Recruiting, training and leading volunteers, youth leaders and student leaders
- Responsible for building and leading an attractional, relational model of youth ministry
- Totally cool with jumping headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
- The force behind developing D-groups within the youth program
- Overseeing weekly student worship experiences that include a live band, multi-media and extensive technical components
- Managing staff team members and coaching other youth pastors
Submit resume by March 5, 2013 to --
4801 44th St.
Rock Island, IL 61201
Or by e-mail to -- email@example.com.
Questions? Contact John at 309.732.0007 or by e-mail.