Worship Arts Director
Recreate Church is seeking to hire a ¼ time (10-15 hours per week) staff person who will serve as the worship arts director. He or she will be responsible for the design and execution of engaging, creative, thoughtful, and Christ-centered Sunday morning
Recreate Church is a new and growing multi-cultural church plant in Midtown San Jose that began holding church services in 2011. Recreate Church currently averages 60-70 people in Sunday attendance. Our mission is to play an active role in God’s plan to
recreate the lives of ordinary people into fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ. We value God’s presence, God’s diverse family, and God’s heart for the poor. For further information about Recreate, visit recreatechurch.com.
Volunteer Team Development
- Recruit and develop teams of volunteers to use their gifts in the area of worship (leading singing, playing instruments, and support).
- Lead and shepherd the worship arts team while fostering a sense of community and trust among worship arts team members.
- Coordinate leaders and volunteers in the area of technology support including sound, lighting, and video.
Creative Service Design
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor to weave themes, scriptures and stories into the worship service.
- Use multiple art forms/creative elements to enhance worship experience and engage congregation. Lead a creative planning process with staff and volunteers.
- Primary worship leader for Sunday services. Design and lead other worship services as needed, i.e., Christmas Eve; Worship Nights; Student Worship.
- Serve as a member of the Recreate Church pastoral staff, participating as needed in relevant staff meetings, events, and programs.
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget for outreach at Recreate Church.
Champion a Culture of Transformational Worship
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Teach the congregation to worship Monday through Saturday.
- Build the value of worship as a gathered body.
- Person of sincere Christian faith who is passionate about being part of a church plant
- Believes in the centrality of the word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Committed to living out Recreate’s mission/values in personal life and work context
- Maintains a healthy spiritual balance between work and rest
- Prayerful for the ministry and serves in response to God’s love
- Open and transparent with other staff members; admits struggles and fears; encouraging; deals with conflict in an authentic, healthy, direct manner
- Teachable spirit, open to coaching and correction
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to execute and get things done
- Organized, able to develop teams, and think big-picture
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- A desire to see people grow in their identity with Christ
- A proven track record as a servant leader
- A shared worship philosophy with the lead pastor
- Talented and competent vocalist / instrumentalist
- History of working collaboratively and effectively in a team setting with a variety of artists, musicians, and styles
- Ability to shepherd and develop people
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational skills, and experience building and managing volunteer teams
- Competent platform leader and communicator
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English
- Excellent with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Two years college education or equivalent
- Two years of worship arts experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people holding this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
Compensation will be $18 to $20 per hour with a total of 10-15 hours per week.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and media files (or internet links of media files) that demonstrate relevant skill sets to email@example.com