This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader Search Director
San Jose, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/30/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
The Journey, a seven year old church plant, is looking for an individual to lead exceptional worship experiences and coordinate the supporting teams involved in the worship ministry of The Journey church.
DATE Position to begin October 1st, 2008
The Worship Director needs to be centered with a strong Christian faith and filled with integrity. This person must passionately desire to be a fully devoted follower of Christ serving in an evangelistic church. The candidate needs to be a team player, ready to work together for the good of the church family, and be able to receive critical feedback. This person must have a servant heart, willing to serve the needs of the church community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A two or four year degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience is preferred.
• A proficiency in singing and playing piano or guitar is required
• Must be willing to continue personal education, training and study in the area of worship music and ministry trends and changes.
• Must have more than 2 years experience as a full time staff person designing and leading worship experiences in a Christian ministry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Worship Director will be primarily responsible to create the weekly worship experience, employing multi-media and multi-sensory techniques.
The Journey is seeking an individual who is able to create a powerful worship experience for Christians and non-Christians alike. This individual must have proven leadership capabilities, with the ability to staff, develop and manage multiple teams of effective volunteers involved in the Sunday worship experience. Passion and organization are key components to this candidate’s success.
• Lead corporate worship in weekly Worship Experiences
• Responsible for overseeing the selection and arrangement of music for worship experiences and special events
• Responsible for all administrative duties specified within the Worship Ministry: Power Point, Sound, Video, Communications, worship planning team (called the EPIC Team for Experiential Participatory Image-rich and Community), and Worship Teams.
• Responsible for co-ordination and management of weekly set up teams and tear down teams.
• Responsible for co-ordination and management of weekly ambiance teams.
• The Worship Ministries Director is responsible for all aspects of the Christmas Eve services.
• Additional special event services may be required.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Salary will be determined during the interview process based on education and applicable experience.
• 2 weeks vacation, based on the monthly accrual process.
• 1 week Professional Development with $500 educational allowance
• If needed, Health Insurance through Kaiser for Director and dependents which begins after completion of the first month of employment
• Dental / Vision self-insured benefit up to $1,200 per year
• 8% Retirement Benefit to begin after the first year of employment
• Work directly with the Lead Pastor
• Sign The Journey “Leadership Covenant,” and take personal responsibility for the Covenant tenants on a daily basis.
• Serve on the Senior Leadership Team which provides direction for the church
• 45-50 hours per week
• Work several nights a week (due to necessary band practice times and meeting with people who work during the day).
• Participate in a Life Transformation Group of 3 people (this is The Journey’s primary plan for discipleship and all leaders are expected to participate)
• Vision for long term ministry to impact lives over time
• Follow all policies and procedures of the Journey
Supervision: This position is under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and the HR Team, and ultimately reports to the board of elders. The Worship Ministries Director will be expected to set clearly defined goals. The first year will include: 3, 6, and 9 month reviews of these goals directly with the Lead Pastor to affirm the successes and identify growth areas. An annual review will be completed each year in July by the HR Team. Salary increases will be determined in August of each year and implemented in September of each year.