Valley Bible Fellowship Of Las Vegas is currently looking for a full-time Student Ministries Director. VBF Las Vegas just celebrated its 10th anniversary being in Las Vegas. Known for being a church that is “out of the box,” VBF is a modern, and somewhat edgy, non-denominational church that has campuses in both Las Vegas and Bakersfield, California. The Las Vegas campus currently has approximately 1,000 weekly in attendance and is a church plant of the California campus that currently has over 10,000 weekly in attendance. The California campus was also recently voted as one of the fastest growing churches in America by Outreach Magazine. For a more detailed explanation of who we are as a church, and the story of how we came to be, please visit our website at vbflv.org.
The function of the Student Ministries Director is to supervise all student ministries of the church for grades 6 through 12. The Director’s purpose is the following:
- To capture a vision and philosophy for student ministries that shepherds the middle school and high school students of the church through wisdom, discernment, compassion and love
- Strategize, plan, and implement ministry that is in step with the church’s overall mission, values, and vision
- To plan, coordinate, and oversee student gatherings to promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development, and ministry involvement
- Commitment to a close and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, and fellowship.
- Must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through a lifestyle that is above reproach
- College level education (A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required)
- Prior experience as a Student Ministries Leader (minimum of 3 years is preferred)
- Knowledge of educational methods and current student ministries resources
- Married & full support of ministry by spouse
- Wholehearted commitment to VBF’s mission, values, and vision
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to today’s youth culture
- Genuine love for students and clear calling to long-term student ministry
- Energetic with strong work ethic
- Ability to teach the students in an engaging relevant way
- Familiarity with technology (Mobile communications, Social Networking)
- Computer knowledge (Ability to make fliers & documents for students & parents)
- Administrative ability to oversee Youth Ministry Budget
- Experience with organizing and executing camps, weekend activities, and fundraisers
- Ability to play instrument and lead worship for the students (preferred but not required)
- Experienced and successful in working with parents, volunteers, and students.
- Provide vision and overall direction for high school and middle school ministries.
- Prepare student gatherings for Sunday mornings and Mid-week services. (High School-Tuesday Nights & Middle School-Wednesday Nights)
- Fulfill the primary teaching role for both high school and middle school ministries.
- Teach students biblical principals for life and set a good example in the areas of relationships, commitment, follow through, and responsible living.
- Recruit and train adult leaders to help in all areas of Student Ministry
- Counsel students and parents as needed
- Provide general pastoral service to the church family as requested by the Lead Pastor
- Maintain scrupulous financial records for Youth Account
- Organize and attend at least one Friday/Saturday activity or event for Middle School Students per month
- Organize and attend at least one Friday/Saturday activity or event for High School Students per month
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Work scheduled office hours during the week
Monday: 8:30am – 5:30pm (Off, in the event of a Student Weekend Activity)
Tuesday through Thursday: 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: Off (Unless Student Weekend Activity scheduled)
Sunday: 7am – 2pm
Compensation and Housing - Please note that the proposed effective salary includes housing costs. Starting Salary: $36,000 annually, plus medical benefits.
To apply for the position, send your resume, a recent photo, and a teaching sample (video, or video link) to the following address:
Valley Bible Fellowship Of Las Vegas
Attn: Tara Crews
4500 West Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Student Ministry Director - 1736MinisterSearch
- Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- January 20
Valley Bible Fellowship of Las Vegas
VBF Las Vegas was started in 2002 as a church plant of Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield, California. Pastor Ron Vietti felt God tugging on his heart to begin a new church in another city. After driving for two days searching for the city God was leading him to, Ron and his wife, Debbie, decided to rest, and they checked into a hotel in Las Vegas. It was there at this hotel that God began showing Ron and Debbie the vision for beginning the church in Las Vegas. Without knowing anyone in the Las Vegas area, VBF Las Vegas was started.  More...