This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bi Vocational Sr. Pastor
Trinity Baptist Church
New Port Richey Fl, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/29/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
We are looking for the Bi-Vocational Pastor that God has chosen to lead us through this new, fruitful season of ministry. A man who understands the truths of scripture as it relates to life today. He must be passionate about Christ and not afraid to take a stand for truth. A man who desires souls to be saved, disciples to be made, families to be restored, and missionaries to be sent out. He must be a team player, friend, and mentor. He also must have an appropriate balance of teaching and leadership and be willing to roll up his sleeves and get into action to rally the team for the common cause of Christ.
He should be self-motivated, community minded and energetic. He should be a visionary with solid strategic planning skills. He should have strong leadership qualities and be skilled in training others within the church to be leaders. Our pastor should be someone dedicated to evangelism, rooted in prayer and skilled in communicating God’s Word in a practical manner (preaching/teaching) that is applicable to everyday living.
• Must have a passionate heart for people and a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Must have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
• Must believe that God has truly called him into the ministry.
• Must be an experienced, ordained Southern Baptist minister.
• Must agee with the doctrinal statement of the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
• Must have the potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at Trinity Baptist Church.
• Must be willing to accept a bi-vocational position with understanding future growth would lead to a full-time Sr. Pastor position.
• Must be proficient in Bible teaching, counseling, guidance, and preaching.
• Must have behavior that mirrors his beliefs.
• Must be a bold soul winner who can also shepherd the flock through preaching and teaching from the inerrant Word of God.