This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Christian Church
Napa, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/26/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Christian Church is searching for a godly leader of excellent character, great competence and passion for leading a high impact children’s ministry in a growing church in Napa, CA – a San Francisco Bay Area community. This leader is not being called to do all of the ministry, but to recruit, train, direct, evaluate and develop a team of volunteers to do the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13). This key person must have the vision and ability to develop a multiplying ministry. Our goal is to fill this position as soon as possible. This is a full-time position with the option of part-time if you are a college/ seminary student nearing graduation.
Pastor of Children’s Ministries
First Christian Church is seeking a full-time Pastor of Children’s Ministries to provide pastoral, visionary and spiritual leadership for the Children’s Ministry Team, families and children of First Christian Church, the School of First Christian Church and our surrounding community.
This position will report to the Co-Senior Pastor with duties and responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversee, develop and provide spiritual oversight for the children and families of First Christian Church and our ministry to community families and elementary schools.
2. Grow a comprehensive family ministry (in partnership with Pastor of Student Ministries) that empowers parents as the primary spiritual mentors of their children and equips them to be confident in this role. This Pastor would also see that families maintain a strong spiritual connection that begins at infancy and carries into adulthood.
3. Provide strong leadership to the staff of Early Childhood Ministries, Elementary Ministries, and the School of First Christian Church. Provide a volunteer structure which effectively achieves ministry objectives and creates an environment in which each ministry team member can grow to his or her fullest potential.
4. Equip congregational members to lead all volunteer aspects of Children’s Ministries by functioning as teachers, small group leaders and Larger Than Life volunteers.
5. Participate actively in Children’s Ministry Programming and Pastoral Leadership Team.
6. Administrate department-wide resources for Children’s Ministries.
To apply for this position, please submit résumé and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com or fax to 707-253-1261 (Attn: Dormi Herman; Human Resources). For inquiries, please contact the church by e-mail or by phone at 707-253-7222.