This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Covenant Community Church
Somers Point, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 09/25/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
I. Synopsis of Role
This position will require administration and organization of the Worship Services and Worship Teams for Sunday morning, Wednesday evening and special events. It is the responsibility of this individual to provide leadership and development of the worship portion of services coordinating those elements with the message or theme. Administrate other aspects related to the execution of Worship in a matter that is celebratory, passionate and is conducive for leading the congregation in Spirit-filled Worship of the Lord.
II. Principal Responsibilities
a. General organization of services (Sunday 10:30AM and Wednesday 7PM)
b. Coordinate, plan and execute Thursday night practices
c. Prepare and teach weekly devotional time with worship team
d. Setting yearly written goals and objectives
e. Oversee and organize lighting, audio and video portion of these services (i.e. service layout)
f. Organize worship portion for special events/services
g. Develop additional worship service elements (special music, videos, etc.)
h. Organize, Plan and lead Quarterly Worship Nights
i. Perform a weekly “Dry Run” before Sunday service (9AM)
j. Recruit and train new worship team members
k. Organized and lead worship team auditions twice a year
l. Develop and manage multiple worship teams (schedule, practice, etc.)
m. Develop worship teams to use their God-given talents/gifts to the fullest.
n. Prepare weekly email bullet-report (highlights and challenges)
o. Worship team budget development and management
p. Develop and write worship team procedures and policies
q. Coordinate, plan and lead worship team yearly retreat
r. Maintain Database of song played for CCLI
s. Organized and file sheet music
III. Required Skills & Job Complexity
a. Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
1. Thorough knowledge of music composition & arrangement
2. An understanding of leading congregational worship with a team on a “Contemporary” and “Postmodern” style.
3. Capability to organize and administrate a worship service
4. Ability to work with and develop personal and team members musical skills
5. Capable to teaching and/or preaching
6. Basic knowledge of audio and video needs for a contemporary worship service
b. Problem Solving & Decision Making
1. This individual needs to be solution oriented
2. Positive approach toward problem solving
3. Pursue excellence in all facets of ministry at New Covenant
4. Reflect godly standards and integrity in decision making
c. Relational Connections
1. Call and long-term commitment to pasturing, ministering and home life that is conducive to and supportive of this position.
2. Need to have open lines of communication with supervisors.
3. Full agreement and support of NCCC Mission, Vision and Core Values.
4. Trustful and healthy relationship.
5. Maintenance of an exemplary Christian life, characterized by the practice of spiritual disciplines and a mature understanding of God’s Word.
IV. Competencies Critical to this Position
a. Core Competencies:
1. Highly self-motivated
3. Able to work off of a task (goal) list
5. Pursue excellence
1. Music composition & organization
2. Advances knowledge of worship leading
3. Basic understanding of leadership skills
4. Maintains musical, audio and video equipment and stage.
5. Keep abreast of new technology which can be incorporated into services.
V. Key Performance Measurements
a. Service (Sunday & Wednesday) organization and administration.
b. Provide a weekly email bullet-report
c. Maintain a regular freshness (newness) in worship songs for services.
d. Provide a printed song list for the upcoming Sunday service to Senior Pastor by the proceeding Thursday at 4:00 PM.
e. Worship team must have material needed to practice by ten days before (i.e. delivered at Thursday practice) Sunday services.
f. Maintain a clean/neat office and stage in church auditorium.
g. Healthiness, growth, recruiting efforts and train leaders
h. Attendance, punctuality and preparation.
1. Monthly Creative meeting (3rd Tuesday every month 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM).
2. No days off for Christmas Eve, Palm Sunday, Easter Sunday and Mothers Day.
3. Three (3) month probation period evaluated by Executive Administrator.
4. Maintain a regular (daily) devotional life with the Lord.
5. The hours are in office hours.
6. Maintain a personal life that is consistent with that in (1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1).
7. Maintain a loyalty to the mission, vision, leadership and direction of NCCC.
VI. Compensation & Benefits:
Full time yearly salary $30k - 40k DOE
Full Health Coverage
2 weeks paid vacation per year, approved by supervisor.
1 week paid sick leave per year, approved by supervisor.
1 Church development conference per year, approved by supervisor.