Cornerstone Community Church – Chowchilla, CA
Associate Pastor of Assimilation, Small Groups & Discipleship
1. Develop and implement a ministry that connects newcomers and prospective church
members to Cornerstone’s family.
2. Direct, coordinate and oversee Cornerstone’s small groups ministry.
a. Provide general and specific vision, direction, and outreach strategies for small group
b. Manage and maintain small group resources. Review requests for new material for
theological consistency and group needs & dynamics.
c. Raise up leadership by identifying potential small group leaders/hosts. Implement
leadership development through informal and formal means.
d. Equip and resource leaders, so as to enable groups to fulfill keys group life components:
* Connects: ways to better know each other and Christ, which provide for personal
connection within the groups.
* Grow: opportunities for spiritual growth.
* Serve: various opportunities to serve each other and people outside the small group.
* Care: providing appropriate care to members of their group.
* Multiply: provide direction for the growth of the small group ministry through
dividing current groups to allow access to newcomers.
e. Evaluate potential small group participants and match with current groups or
form new groups based on mutual affinities, spiritual direction and other criteria.
3. Direct, coordinate and oversee the discipleship ministry of Cornerstone.
a. Works with the Sunday school staff in developing appropriate courses for Sunday school.
b. Encourages, helps and oversees the ministries all youth ministries.
c. Encourages, helps and oversees all the youth leaders (paid & volunteer)
d. Encourages, helps and oversees the men’s and women’s ministries.
4. Assist and encourage the congregation to discover, develop and use their spiritual gifts.
5. Work with the Missions Team to incorporate church, local, and global mission ministry
1. Provide pastoral support and care to the people of Cornerstone as needed and requested.
2. Preach and administer sacraments as requested.
3. Participate in teaching classes.
4. Be available to conduct funerals and weddings.
1. Give evidence of a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
3. Give evidence of a working knowledge of the Bible and the doctrines of the Reformed faith.
4. Be in agreement with the mission and vision of Cornerstone Community Church.
5. Masters of Divinity required.
6. Give evidence of being an effective organizer, recruiter, trainer, and communicator.
7. Have the ability to assume a cooperative, supportive leadership role in a multiple staff
ministry at Cornerstone Community Church.
8. Have a minimum of three years experience in another church ministering in the areas
covered under Cornerstone’s Associate Pastor position.
The Associate Pastor will be solely responsible to the Lead Pastor
This is a full-time position. Salary & benefit specifics will be discussed during the interview