- To serve the church by leading the high school ministry and by overseeing an effective ministry in accordance with the Student Ministry philosophy to make disciple-makers of Jesus.
- Directly lead High School Ministry.
- Oversee the Student Ministry team under the direction of the Family Pastor.
- Oversee, develop and care for the adult volunteer teams serving in the ministry, ensuring that every adult is maximizing his/her gifts to effectively care for the students.
- Oversee the pastoral care of the students at Crossroads Bible Church, ensuring that every student has an identifiable shepherd.
- Prepare for and teach within the ministry on a regular basis.
- Coordinate a weekly large group worship service to teach students Biblical truth with age-appropriate methods, to sing energetic and God-honoring music, and to draw students together in a fun community-building environment.
- Coordinate a weekly small group ministry, utilizing the volunteer staff to disciple each student to follow Jesus in community, in Bible study and in living out Christ’s mission.
- Coordinate opportunities for students to utilize their gifting to serve the needs in the church.
- Coordinate on campus ministry to meet with students on their turf, to connect with their friends and to equip students to serve and share the love of Jesus on their school campus.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of events with the assistance of the Student Ministry Program Coordinator.
- Oversee and develop the interns, to recognize their calling in ministry, to gain the experience needed to lead a youth ministry, and to grow in their knowledge, skills and character to serve in vocational church ministry.
- Provide for effective administration of the ministry, including budgetary and ministry planning.
- Directly accountable to the Family Pastor
- Oversees the paid Student Ministry team
- Full-time, exempt, salaried
- Minimum of 3 years vocational church ministry experience with multiple staff members, overseeing a youth ministry of a minimum of 75 students
- Highly relational personality that connects well with Junior High and High School students
- Shall demonstrate a passion for making student disciple-makers of Jesus
- Shall demonstrate a strong leadership style that can work with a large group of volunteers and staff
- Shall demonstrate or desire the qualifications of an elder as outlined in I Tim 3 and Titus 1
- Shall be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement in the What We Believe document
- Prefer an advanced degree, but not required
- The Family Pastor is responsible for initiation and update of this job description; and with Executive Director approval, responsibility for its implementation.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range per Salary Administration Policy
- Other full-time benefits as described in the Personnel Handbook
********************No phone calls please************************