Element Church is seeking a highly skilled Creative Director/Creative Pastor with a passion for creativity, leadership and ministry. The qualified applicant would provide strategic vision and leadership for the Creative/Media/Graphics Department and serve on the Directional Leadership Team for Element Church, providing senior leadership and guidance for the church, as well as vision and strategy for growth and expansion. This role reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Directional Leadership Team Creative Director/Pastor is responsible for:
- Leadership development and direction of our growing creative team of staff, freelancers, and volunteers, acting as the principal creative lead
- Overseeing all phases of weekend service and special event production, including all media, graphic, and technical aspects from concept development through production
- Inspiring and leading the worship pastor and team, graphics personnel, and AVL freelance and volunteer department leaders
- Driving all branding and marketing for the church in general
- Overseeing all communications, including print graphics, website management, and social media, maintaining consistency of branding across all formats
- Creating a culture based upon the church’s core values within the Creative Team
- Staying current on emerging trends in ministry, marketing, technologies and design
- Keeping the Creative Team continually engaged in producing excellent results while staying on schedule and within budget
- Handling staff evaluations and administration for the Creative Department
*Estimated time spent:
Directional Leadership Team Creative Director/Pastor—40+ hours weekly
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Exemplifying a godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership to the Element Church community
- 3+ years experience in ministry management and/or professional graphic design, marketing or creative management role
- Proven track record of successfully leading several large ministries in a church with an average weekly attendance of 2,000+ people
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people management and team coach skills
- A passion for team, staff culture, excellence, and loyalty
- A willingness and openness to be pastored and coached
- Able to navigate all aspects of AVL production, graphic design, social media, and website management
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills (public speaking abilities a plus)
- Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude
ELEMENT CHURCH EXPECTATIONS
Attend Element Church weekly, special meetings/conferences, staff-related events, and any other events requested by the Creative Department Directional Leader. Compliance with Element Church employment guidelines.
EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION
The salary and benefits package is competitive with churches our size.
Performance evaluations will be conducted at least once per year by the Senior Pastor.
Compensation will be determined based on performance evaluation results and departmental budgets.
ABOUT ELEMENT CHURCH
Through captivating environments, innovative communication, and strategic steps, Element Church invites you to find your place, fulfill your purpose and experience a growing relationship with God. Element Church launched in 2006, and was ranked in the top 100 Fastest Growing Churches in America for the past 3 years by Outreach Magazine. Element Church is currently averaging 2,400 people a weekend in 3 services, representing a 33% growth this year over last year. Weekend services are designed to be the widest gate into the church so that anyone can come in, receive the Word and be challenged. As first time attendees come back, they are encouraged to walk along the pathway of discipleship and become part of this active body of believers.
Element Church was founded by Pastor Erik Lawson. Prior to being a church-planter, Erik was on staff at Church On The Move in Tulsa, OK, serving as Youth Pastor to the nationally acclaimed youth ministry, Oneighty, which became the nation’s largest local church youth ministry, reaching more than 2,500 students each week. At Element Church, Pastor Erik, along with members of his staff, apply the same principles that grew Oneighty – presenting solid, Biblically-based messages with practical life applications.
Element church is an inter-denominational church with a healthy family, professional culture. Element's staff culture is very family oriented resulting in a low turn over rate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19
Media & Communications DirectorSlingshot Group
- Valencia, California
- October 19
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
In essential beliefs – We believe there should be unity. [Ephesians 4:4-6]
In non-essential beliefs – We believe there should be liberty. [Romans 14:1,4,12]
In all our beliefs – We believe that there must be love toward each other. [1 Corinthians 13:2]