Middletown United Methodist Church is seeking a qualified and experienced communications candidate to lead/oversee the communications ministry of the church. This person will oversee the communications and marketing aspects, audio/visual aspects and technical
components of the church’s ministry. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish MUMC’s Communication Policies and Procedures
- Organize and prioritize all communication with an emphasis on Outreach
- Manage all aspects of MUMC’s primary and related websites
- Create and manage social media presence for MUMC
- Produce creative and effective videos for use in worship and marketing
- Oversee/manage/conduct actual weekly worship service audio and video usage
- Work with others as needed to provide the best possible design for all church publications, advertisements, website, and audio/video support.
- Works with worship team and Administrative Assistant to produce worship bulletins, PowerPoint, video and other resources for worship services/events
- Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns related to the future and/or life within the community/church
- Serve as resource person for trustees and business manager in maintaining and upgrading audio/visual, publication, and other technical equipment associated with the scope of the job.
- Develop volunteer teams as necessary to achieve communication goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven technical experience with audio/visual equipment, publishing programs and marketing.
- Associate or Bachelors degree in communication or marketing preferred.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Experienced with graphic design technology & tools.
- Track record of creating/implementing communication plans, including developing the materials to support those plans.
- Experience managing Social Media Pages & Print/Media Efforts.
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects
- Ideal candidates would consider themselves "early technology adapters", who are current on all things new with the world, including technology, the internet and social media. They should have a passion for how the church's vision & identity is translated
to people inside and outside the church
- The ability to work well under pressure, as part of a team
Candidates should send résumé including salary history to email@example.com. Résumés should be submitted by February 6, 2013.