This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Children's Ministries
Bethel Church at Vista Pointe
Medford, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 09/24/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Bethel Church at Vista Pointe is a growing, contemporary church in Southern Oregon, affiliated with the Assemblies of God. Average Sunday morning attendance is approximately 515. Average Sunday children's attendance is approximately 140. Average Wednesday children's attendance is approximately 100. Bethel's vision it to be a Spirit-empowered, culturally relevant community committed to seeing people fully restored to God.
Growing relationship with Christ
Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in tongues
At least two years college education preferred
Two years experience in working with children
Ability to define and impart vision
Good manager of time and resources
Experience in leading children in services and events
Good “gatherer” of leaders
Be an encourager of children
• Oversee the children’s ministry of Bethel Church, including birth through 6th grade.
• Under the direction of Bethel’s Lead Pastor, serve as a staff pastor providing leadership, instruction, care and encouragement to the church body.
• Understand, support and accurately communicate the vision of the Lead Pastor.
• Serve as a team member in the development of Bethel’s long and short-term objectives and the development and implementation of strategic plans to reach those objectives.
• Maintain regular office hours as determined by the Lead Pastor. (Work week will be considered 40 hours plus regular services)
Children’s Ministries Responsibilities (birth-6th grade)
• Develop adults to invest in the lives of children.
• Coordinate children’s worship experiences that use culturally relevant means.
• Effectively disciple children as Christ-followers.
• Prayerfully develop fresh vision for Bethel’s children’s ministries that contributes to the fulfillment of Bethel’s overall vision; including strategic objectives and a strategic plan to reach the stated objectives.
• Develop a children’s ministries leadership team that will meet for coordination, planning, support, and leadership training.
• Oversee Children’s Ministries budget.
• Oversee approval of all children’s workers through applications and background checks.
• Ensure that children’s workers understand and follow Bethel’s legal and safeguard policies.
• Develop ministries as seen fit, along with direction from Lead Pastor.
• Oversee all children’s ministries publications.