Cornerstone Community Church
is a growing biblically-based church of 300-400 people located in Manchester, Iowa. We are looking for a Pastor to Students who is capable of leading our well-established Youth Ministry to the next level: developing current leaders and recruiting
new leaders to expand our impact on students in 6th-12th grade. We are looking for a visionary person who has the ability to see the big picture. This person must also have the teaching and relational ability to equip and the inner confidence to encourage
people to pursue the calling of growing students in Christ. Our ideal candidate would have at least 2-5 years experience in leading a Youth ministry of at least 50 students and have a proven history of demonstrating spiritual maturity in their ministry.
Purpose of Position
To create, staff and lead a Middle School and High School program that:
BUILDS healthy RELATIONSHIPS with students and encourages them to know the love of Christ
SETS a foundation of BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES on which to base their lives and challenges
students to actively demonstrate God’s love through the use of their unique passions, spiritual
gifts, personal style, & resources to reach the world around us.
FOCUSES ON FAMILIES by educating, equipping, and encouraging parents to build God-
honoring families from generation to generation.
- A born again believer with a growing and active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Evidence of spiritual and emotional maturity
- Support of the doctrinal beliefs, constitution and by-laws of Cornerstone Community Church
- A genuine love and understanding of youth
- Evidence of leadership, visionary, organizational, & administrative abilities
- 2-5yrs experience in youth ministry preferred
- Evidence of personal integrity in accordance w/ 1Timothy 3:1-0 & Titus 1:1-7
- Effective communicator and speaker to students / people
- Administer and supervise all of the church’s youth ministries- currently including but not limited to weekly large group and small group gatherings, Junior High and Senior High Sunday Connection Hr, activities, camps, outreaches and trips
- Instruct and motivate youth in developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, creating environments to help them find their spiritual gifts, growth toward spiritual maturity; developing a Bible-centered world view and a personal responsibility to
serve others in the name of Jesus.
- Provide pastoral care to the youth and their families
- Provide training and encouragement to volunteer youth leaders
- Submit an annual budget for the youth ministry needs & endeavor to work within the approved budget
- Assist in the worship service of the church as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Accomplish duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
The Youth Pastor will work under the direction of the Lead Pastor, or his designee, and is expected to follow the mission, vision and direction of Cornerstone Community Church (see website). He will meet with the ministry staff regularly to ensure the youth
ministries are following the direction of CCC. He will develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship and communicate effectively with the youth staff, leadership, and the parents of the youth.
Resume Sunmission & Deadline
email your resume to our search team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is February 23rd, 2013
visit our website at thestone.us