Grant Memorial Baptist Church is seeking candidates for the position of
INTERIM TEACHING PASTOR.
At the call of God, our Senior Pastor of 10 years recently resigned to pursue full-time mission work.
We are seeking a leader to act in a preaching/teaching/mentoring role until we secure a Senior Pastor. The successful candidate will have the God-given gifts of teaching and preaching, with related leadership experience in a multi-staff environment.
The Interim Teaching Pastor will:
• Study, preach and teach the Word of God and, with the Elders, watch over the spiritual life of the church
• Mentor senior staff
• Work with staff to identify, involve and reproduce godly leaders from among the church body to assist them in the effective performance of their ministry
• Work with Board/Elders to prepare for and search for a new senior pastor
• Provide advice to the Board and Lead Associate in the general oversight of church ministries
• Participate as an Elder
• Lead worship services and communion (with staff) and perform baptisms, funeral and weddings, as required
• Counsel church adherents and members in crisis and provide pastoral care for the congregation (in collaboration with the Lead Associate and the Director of Community Care)
• Support the continued direction of Grant Memorial
• Participate in and report to monthly deacon meetings and semi-annual congregational meetings
Additional information is available on the website: www.grantmemorial.ca
Grant Memorial is a dynamic, Bible-centered church of 1800 constituents with a weekly Sunday attendance of 1500. Grant Memorial is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures, its choice of traditional and contemporary worship, its strong sense of
community and a commitment to reach beyond its walls.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: Interim Teaching Pastor Search Team, 877 Wilkes Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3P1B8 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.