Grant Memorial Baptist Church is seeking candidates for the position of INTERIM TEACHING PASTOR.
At the call of God, our Senior Pastor of 10 years recently resigned to pursue full-time mission work.
We are seeking a leader to act in a preaching/teaching/mentoring role until we secure a Senior Pastor. The successful candidate will have the God-given gifts of teaching and preaching, with related leadership experience in a multi-staff environment.
The Interim Teaching Pastor will:
• Study, preach and teach the Word of God and, with the Elders, watch over the spiritual life of the church
• Mentor senior staff
• Work with staff to identify, involve and reproduce godly leaders from among the church body to assist them in the effective performance of their ministry
• Work with Board/Elders to prepare for and search for a new senior pastor
• Provide advice to the Board and Lead Associate in the general oversight of church ministries
• Participate as an Elder
• Lead worship services and communion (with staff) and perform baptisms, funeral and weddings, as required
• Counsel church adherents and members in crisis and provide pastoral care for the congregation (in collaboration with the Lead Associate and the Director of Community Care)
• Support the continued direction of Grant Memorial
• Participate in and report to monthly deacon meetings and semi-annual congregational meetings
Additional information is available on the website: www.grantmemorial.ca
Grant Memorial is a dynamic, Bible-centered church of 1800 constituents with a weekly Sunday attendance of 1500. Grant Memorial is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures, its choice of traditional and contemporary worship, its strong sense of community and a commitment to reach beyond its walls.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: Interim Teaching Pastor Search Team, 877 Wilkes Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3P1B8 or email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Grant Memorial Baptist Church
Grant Memorial is home to more than 1600 constituents and is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures, its choice of traditional and contemporary worship, its many small groups and its focus on outreach. We stand on the shoulders of the godly men and women who have come before us as we look forward to how God More...