Union Chapel Ministries
Job Title: Nursery/Preschool Associate
Position: Part-time (21 hours /week)
Supervisor: Children’s Pastor
Application Deadline: March 25, 2013
Job Purpose: In coordination with the other children’s ministry staff and volunteer ministry teams, the goal is to provide a safe environment where children are nurtured and the love of Christ is modeled by those who care for them.
1. Maintain administrative responsibilities and supervise all programs for the development and on-going implementation of a culturally sensitive and child-focused nursery ministry.
Plan and supervise special events involving children - including WEE SERVE
2. Serve as resource person and coordinator for children’s curriculum, materials and supplies
3. Recruit, train and regularly meet with volunteers and child care workers.
4. Meet weekly with Children’s Ministry staff and meet monthly with all staff
5. Develop new ministries to children and their parents to facilitate outreach and growth
6. Maintain necessary skills through continuing education and specialized training
7. Supervise and schedule all child-care done by UC
8. Assist Children’s Pastor on weekends to supervise Preschool area
Qualifications: Experience in children/nursery ministry.
Preferred: Educational training in early childhood, elementary or related area.