Send Introductory Letter and Resume to
Crossroads is looking for an individual with large church experience (750+) who has a passion for children’s ministry.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic life style consistent with that faith
- Personal sense of calling to the position of Director of Children’s Ministry
- Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith
- Education and/or experience consistent with or complimentary to the job description
- Verifiable spiritual gifts and skills in teaching, mentoring, collaborative leadership, organizational leadership, strategic thinking and team building.
Success Factors Include:
- Willingness to work hard and the discipline to rest, reflect, and renew
- Willingness to be accountable and transparent within the established organizational structure and to delegate ministry responsibilities to qualified individuals in order to maximize ministry impact
- Ability to work well with other staff and volunteer team members in a collaborative environment characterized by a loving, submissive and teachable attitude toward one another
- Theology and personal convictions compatible with the church leadership
- Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development
- Commitment to regular worship attendance and participation in church wide activities
- Commitment to membership and participation in Crossroads Church with time, talent and treasure
- Commitment to making disciples of children, motivating and building strong teams, and providing opportunities for parents and children to grow side by side
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is called to the position by the Church Board and is accountable to the Senior Associate Pastor.
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is to maintain a collaborative and collegial working relationship with the Ministry Staff.
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to supervise all children’s ministries for infant through 6th grade students and associated staff and volunteers.
1. Serve as a member of the Ministry Staff
- Demonstrate ownership for and effectiveness in communicating and fulfilling the church’s vision, mission, focus, culture, statement of faith and doctrinal distinctive
- Lead the congregation through modeling to participate in Sunday worship, to take the next step in discipleship and to cultivate a lifestyle of service.
- Keep the congregation informed about Children’s Ministry through the weekly program and webpage updates
2. Collaborate with the entire staff
- Participate in all staff gatherings and supervisory meetings
- Coordinate all Children’s Ministry activities with the Ministry Staff and Church Calendar
- Develop ministry plans, determine initiatives, and set goals that are integrated with and advance the cause of the overall church
- Monitor and give account for Children’s Ministry budget, attendance, initiatives, and goals
3. Serves as the leader of Children’s Ministry
- Serve as the primary representative of Children’s Ministry to the church, denomination and community
- Oversee all programming decisions including frequency, location, curriculum, volunteer personnel, safety, and desired outcomes
- Oversee the recruitment, screening, and selection of all volunteers, and provide them with ongoing training and accountability for the purpose of team development and spiritual growth
4. Provide opportunities for discipleship among children
- Develop a discipleship scope and sequence using established outcomes and select theologically sound curriculum to support these outcomes
- Send regular communications to families that inform and update, and provide encouragement and resources for the ongoing, day-to-day, spiritual development of children in the context of their home
- Oversee, coordinate and schedule all community service opportunities and outreach events for children or children and their families
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Crossroads is looking for an individual with large church experience (750+) who has a passion for children’s ministry. Qualifications Include: 1. Personal faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic life style consistent with that faith 2. Personal sense of calling to the position of Director of Children’s Ministry 3. Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith 4. Education and/or experience consistent with or complimentary to the job description 5. Verifiable spiritual gifts and skills in teaching, mentoring, collab More...