This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Discipleship Ministries
Ebenezer Bible Fellowship Church
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 09/19/2008
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Pastor of Discipleship must be called by God, have a servant’s heart, and fulfill the requirements of an elder as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. We also anticipate this person to have the vision, experience, leadership abilities, and proven administrative skills required to enhance our growing adult and children’s ministries.
This Pastor will oversee these children’s ministry areas with help from ministry leaders such as:
• Sunday morning programs to include, but not limited to: Cross Time Sunday School, Children’s Church, Jay C’s Place, Nursery (0-24 months), and Early Childhood Department (2 & 3 year olds).
• Weeknight programs including Explorer Girls & Tiny Steppers and Christian Service Brigade
• Vacation Bible School
• Direct Resource Room maintenance.
• Pastor has supervisory responsibilities for the Kids Crossing Assistant.
This pastor will oversee other areas with help from ministry leaders such as:
• Adult Sunday Morning Electives
• Kinship Groups (Small Groups)
• Women’s Ministry (Pastor has supervisory responsibilities for the Women’s Ministry Coordinator)
• Men’s Ministry
• Youth Ministry (Pastor has supervisory responsibilities for the Youth Leader/Pastor)
As a resource person and overall coordinator, he will work with the leaders of these ministries in identifying needs, equipping workers, and assimilating newcomers. He will also be charged with securing leadership for these ministries.
General Pastoral Responsibilities
As a pastor, it is expected that he will be involved in shepherding duties such as teaching, occasional preaching, participating in the worship service, some hospital visitation, and personal mentoring.
It is expected that the pastor work 50 hours per week. This includes preparation time, travel time, office time, etc. We do not expect our pastors to violate God’s principles of personal rest, family time, and devotional time.
The Pastor of Discipleship shall be a welcomed member of our ministry staff with access to and supervision by the Senior Pastor as his spiritual and administrative supervisor. Together, they shall meet on a regular basis for mentoring, prayer, evaluation, and coordination of activities.
By virtue of his position as a pastor, he shall be a welcomed member of the Board of Elders co-laboring and accountable to them. The Pastoral Relations Committee of that Board shall meet with him on a regular basis to stimulate good relations.
The Pastor of Discipleship is also the direct supervisor of the Youth Leader. He will assist in casting the vision for this ministry and provide directional support to that person. He also is the direct supervisor of the Office Administrator providing support and encouragement along with administrative oversight. *Note – Office Administrator reporting relationship is subject to change at Elders’ discretion.
It is our desire that the Pastor of Discipleship and his family feel welcome here. We commit to mutual care and concern for one another as members of Christ’s Body.
1. Must have a passion for discipleship and evangelism.
2. Must have the spiritual gifts of leadership and teaching with proven experience in both areas.
3. Must evidence proven interpersonal skills as a team player.
4. Must possess enough spiritual maturity to mentor others.
5. Must be in agreement with the Articles of Faith of the Bible Fellowship Church (www.bfc.org).
6. Masters in Divinity is preferred. A Bible Degree or willingness to pursue Bible education is required.