New Life Presbyterian Church of Dresher is a 25 year old church in the near northern suburbs of Philadelphia. Our mission statement is “To build a community centered on Jesus, active in the renewal of all things.” We are currently hiring for the position
of Pastor of Discipleship and Assimilation.
We are looking for a young, enthusiastic follower of Christ who is ready to make a commitment to grow as a pastor and leader in this important staff role and make a difference for Christ and his kingdom.
This is not primarily a pastoral care position but an equipping position. We are looking for a person who:
- Believes that every believer has spiritual gifts to further the mission of the church and is energized by mobilizing those gifts.
- Has a vision to raise up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected to the church, and challenging them to grow in their faith.
- Enjoys working with volunteers to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone —especially visitors.
- Is passionate about follow-up and seeing people assimilated into the church.
- Is committed to the importance of small groups in the life of the church.
- A passion for the Bible and a gospel-centered perspective of the Christian life and ministry.
- Must be ordained or ordainable in the Presbyterian Church in America.
- Unafraid of hard work and committed to excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, team builder, sense of humor, risk-taker.
- Excellent communication skills- teaching and preaching.
- Strong organizational and administrative gifts.
- The ability to manage a large and growing ministry and volunteer system.
- A heart for evangelism, mercy and justice ministry, and missions.
Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- How would you summarize your understanding of a gospel-centered approach to life and ministry?
- What experiences have you had that make you a good candidate for this position?
If you have a recent video/ audio of your teaching or preaching, please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org