Alive, growing, evangelical United Methodist Church located just outside Lafayette Indiana is seeking a passionate, committed leader for Children's Ministry. Dayton is located 20 minutes from the campus of Purdue University, 45 minutes NW of Indianapolis
and 2 hours from Chicago. The rich, economically and culturally diverse community of Lafayette/West Lafayette provides a rich setting for ministry and serves as a great community in which to live and raise a family.
To lead and coordinate the overall children’s ministries of the Dayton UMC to help our congregation fulfill our vision to
Know Christ, Grow Faith and Go Witness.
- Live a life in agreement with the Dayton United Methodist Church Leadership covenant.
- Develop a discipleship path for children to connect to God through Jesus Christ, grow in faith and understanding and develop a heart for service and witness
2.1. Implement a system for tracking children and where they are on their discipleship path.
- Build relationships and communicate with parents to help them connect as partners in their child’s spiritual growth
- Align all children’s ministries and programs with our vision to Know Christ, Grow Faith, and Go Witness.
- As a leader of leaders recruit, empower, and encourage qualified adult leaders to serve in children’s ministries.
- Proactively plan and execute Children’s ministries using Orange curriculum.
- Provide coordination and staff support for all children’s ministries including, Daycare and Preschool, Upward sports ministries, Outreach ministries, and Camp ministries.
- Properly create an annual budget and effectively manage expenses to accomplish goals
Required Education, Experience and Attributes:
- Committed Christian with the same basic philosophy of ministry and theology as the Dayton United Methodist Church.
- Passion and love for Children’s Ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is desired, or corresponding experience.
- Able to pray, teach, and maintain professional relationships.
- A servant’s heart for ministry and a deep desire to see people come to Christ and grow in faith.
- Ability to conduct all financial, personal and church matters with confidentiality.