Job and Church: Jersey Village Baptist Church is a body of believers in North West Houston that seeks to glorify Christ in all that we do. Our congregation is made up primarily of median aged people (30-50), but also has a significant amount
of senior adult members. We run two services every Sunday, one of which is a Classic Service and the other is a Modern Service. The music ministry is made up of two choirs, an orchestra, a handbell choir, and a modern worship band. JVBC strives to encourage
people of all age groups to worship in the many different avenues we have available. This job posting exists to help provide structure to the music ministry, and to help free the Minister of Music to focus on the creative and ministerial aspects of his job.
Needed: Assistant to Minister of Music at Jersey Village Baptist Church
Qualities: Must be organized, attentive to detail, and have a bright and welcoming personality
MUSIC MINISTRY DUTIES:
- Assists Minister of Music and Associate Minister of Music with secretarial duties such as: Maintaining e-mail groups, word processing, appointments, calendar, correspondence, reminder cards, mail outs, reports, forms and communication with music ministry
members (such as Noteworthy newsletter, birthday cards, etc).
- Media Ministry – Maintains file of CDs and duplicates CDs as requested; requests video recording of services; maintains all supplies; prepares labels.
- Computer input – printing and distribution of class rosters and labels. Prepares weekly and monthly attendance reports for each group. Inputs all choral/instrumental music/collections into a computerized library database.
- Membership – Ensure all steps are taken to enroll a new member in each area of the music ministry. Includes enroll in ACS, name tags, correspondence, etc. Maintains supply of forms such as music ministry enrollment forms and visitors cards; membership
and attendance for all ministry groups. Assigns care groups and revises/distributes new info/listings.
- Literature – Order, prepare for use, and file music for all music ministry areas.
- Purchase Orders – Fills out purchase orders and applies to proper budgets; maintains budget book/information.
- Music Suite – Organize and upkeep; retrieve and file new and old octavos and collections; prepare/maintain binders for all music ministry areas; ensure set-up for all rehearsals/performances/special programs for all groups in church calendar (Service U).
- Volunteers – Supports/Coordinates volunteers working on ministries related to music ministries.
- Worship Media Presentations – Creates for Sunday morning Worship Service presentation and seasonal works and prepares corresponding information for Sound & Light team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Minister of Music.
If you feel like your skills matches up with the various tasks and qualities we are looking for, please feel free to contact Sky Howard at email@example.com or call 713.466.6102.