This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Calvary Baptist Church
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/18/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Thoughts on a Successful Candidate for Associate Pastor of Worship at Calvary…
Shaped to “fit” in the Calvary ministry team…
… Spiritually gifted to lead corporate worship
… Heart for praising God, loving people, and reaching the lost
… Ability to envision strategy and implement methods that will build healthy community
… Personality that enjoys being part of a team and has a “can do” spirit
… Experience leading innovative/creative worship, and growing a worship ministry
An outstanding candidate for this position would…
- Be personally committed to a deep faith in God and love for God that is manifest in the disciplines we teach to our members: daily quiet time, small group fellowship, sharing one’s faith, and tithing.
- Have a big vision for what God can do in his church when his people seek and trust him
- Have a vision for leading worship than is larger than simply excellent music.
A vision that includes the arts, drama, multimedia.
- Be passionate about making an impact in the lives of people that goes far beyond Sunday morning
- Be creative! Be willing to try new things for God, not for the sake of change itself, but because our culture is constantly changing. Growth involves change and the willingness to take risks.
- Seek to equip, encourage, and empower all age groups to engage in meaningful worship
- Understand the purpose driven church model, and the vital and balanced role that worship plays along with discipleship, fellowship, personal ministry and missions, in the life of a church
- Be committed to upholding biblical truth, not compromising the message as we present the Gospel to our community in relevant terms
- Take initiative to see that things that need to get done, get done; not compartmentalizing ministry
- Understand that a key role of pastors is to encourage and equip people for ministry, and to view relationship building and discipling as important aspects of their own ministry
- Know the importance of fostering unity within the congregation, while speaking the truth in love
- Earn the trust and respect of the congregation through their integrity, walk with God, and love for people
- Be energized by his calling to serve God in full-time ministry, and secure in God’s empowerment for this
- Be highly supportive of the senior pastor, in actions, in words, and in following his leadership
An ideal candidate would also be described by several of the following statements…
- Able to contribute to the design and equipping of a new worship center. (approx. 400 seats)
Experience in transitioning to a new worship center would be particularly valuable.
- Skilled and/or interested in the application of technology in ways that further the purposes of the church
- Has a good understanding of the traditions and practices of Southern Baptists
- Has a strong commitment to excellence, yet is flexible and patient with people who are learning, and with a dynamic environment that adjusts (sometimes rapidly) to embrace new opportunities.
- Have a second very strong area of giftedness or heart for ministry, as we’re a church that sees itself yet in early stages of growth – small groups, senior adult ministry, singles ministry, students, missions.
We have part-time or volunteer leadership involved in each of these areas, but would benefit from someone on the ministerial staff who could effectively guide one of those areas until more staff can be enlisted.