This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Plymouth, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 09/18/2008
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you the person who can produce and direct highly energetic,
relevant and life-changing services for a church of 20,000 active
attenders? Are you that person who can think out of the box, is a
team player and very creative? This position requires the
ability to handle extremely detailed, multiple tasks with limited
supervision, in a fun - but fast environment! Or, do you know an
unbelievably talented and enthusiastic video volunteer who you would
love to have join your ministry but you are unable to hire?
NorthRidge Church (NRC) uses video media to extensively
communicate its message to its congregation. This extends from live
video with up to 6 cameras (4 still, 2 hand-held) projected during
weekend and monthly Wednesday services to the production of DVD
media for sale.
Currently NorthRidge has an extensive video infrastructure including a
Sony DVS9000 Digital Video Switcher with 4 mix effects engines
and 4 channel digital multi-effects unit and five Sony digital broadcast
BVPE10 cameras. The system is designed as a full digital production
studio and operates for four services per week (and 1 Wed. a
NorthRidge has a team of volunteers who serve on the video team
and act as camera operators, shaders, graphics operators, directors
and technical directors. There are currently six staff members who
work with the volunteer team: one full-time chief engineer (for all
technical maintenance, set-up and repair, 2 full-time and 1 part-time
video editors). There is 1 part-time assistant for overall service prep
and programming. And 1 part-time graphics prep person.
- Assume overall responsibility for all video media generated for
weekend and monthly Wednesday services and other special events
(including our yearly conference/our Christmas production DVD etc.).
Oversee shooting, production and editing of videos used in these
- Set minimum standards for NRC video operations and implement
training of staff and volunteers to ensure these standards are met.
- Technical degree in Electrical Engineering or Communications, as
appropriate, or degree in similar field
- Experience in live video production, building volunteer teams and
- Experience in video editing and compositing or willingness to learn
- Ability to develop and maintain departmental budget.
- Understanding and experience in lighting for video
- Understanding and experience in analog and digital audio for video
- Knowledge in satellite sites is a plus! (This is in our future!)
- Current knowledge of state of the art equipment in broadcast
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Experience directing video for live music and drama
- Experience managing a large group of volunteers
Please submit resume to HR@NorthRidgeChurch.com and reference
job #090918 in the subject line. Salary is commensurate with
experience. No phone calls please.