We are looking for a Minister of Music/Youth Leader. We preferrably would like to combine both positions into one, but it is not manadatory. Candidates can apply for both positions or just one. This will be a part-time bi-vocational position and is open
to male singles as well as married couples.
We are a small Southern Baptist Church with 75-80 in attendance. Our style of worship music is a blend of hymns, songs of praise, and contemporary music. Our goal is to maintain the style of worship we are currently using such as a praise team, special
music, and musical instrumentation. Below is our job description for both positions.
Music/Worship Leader: Salary- $10,500.00 annually.
- 12-16 hours per week.
- Work with those in the church who are involved in music and encourage others to participate as well.
- Must have the ability to communicate and relate well with others.
- One who is passionate about music and is gifted in leading others in worshipping God.
- One who has knowledge of hymns and contemporary songs.
- Will be responsible to organize and lead music for Sunday morning and evening worship services.
- Must be accountable to the Church leadership and be a team player.
- Must have some knowledge and technical ability using online resources (i.e. Easy Worship, Media Shout etc.).
- Two years of Bible college training is preferred but is not required.
- Will have to work some evenings or Saturdays to accommodate those who work 8-5 M-F.
YOUTH LEADER: Salary-$7,500.00 annually.
- Plan and coordinate a weekly youth meeting.
- Organize game activites in the youth meetings.
- Run all aspects of the youth ministry, including youth events and outings.
- Must be accountable to the leadership of the Church and strive to be a part of the Church family.
- Youth leader will be responsible to see that Church furnishings and equipment used by the youth are not abused.
- Prefer a married couple, but encourage male candidates to apply as well.
- Must be responsible in personal finances as well as ministry expenses.