This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Director
First Church of God
Columbia City, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
First Church of God is a growing evangelical fellowship with an average attendance around 700. We are part of the Churches of God, General Conference, Findlay, OH. Our staff favors a team-based approach to promoting growth and spiritual development within our congregation. Each Sunday, we offer an early traditional worship service followed by two contemporary services which incorporate choral and instrumental ensembles, worship and drama teams and special music. Our desire is for our services to be seeker-sensitive and spiritually relevant.
We are currently seeking a creative individual with strong instrumental and vocal musical ability. One who can envision and implement authentic and impactful worship. Strong leadership and teaching abilities are needed to effectively recruit, develop, shepherd, and lead various music and fine arts teams. We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal; one who is comfortable in one-on-one, small and large group settings as well as one who presents a confident presence on the worship platform. This is a full time, salaried position.
• Coordinate all aspects of the creative arts for worship including musical, technical, staging, drama, dance, etc.
• Oversee the various creative arts teams which presently include choir, brass and wind ensemble, vocal praise teams, worship band, drama team, and technical team.
• Plan and lead worship services that cast the vision, philosophy and mission of First Church of God.
• Develop and oversee the use of the latest worship technologies and methods.
• Serve as a resource for youth and children’s music ministries.
• Spiritual maturity and a commitment to a Christian lifestyle.
• Doctrinal compatibility with Churches of God.
• Gifted in creative arts, leadership and administration.
• Musical proficiency.
• Passion to lead people in worship coupled with an excellent public presence.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Servant attitude towards leadership and responsibilities.
• Ability to recruit, shepherd, and motivate ministry volunteers.
• Familiarity with current sound, lighting, video and computer technology and/or willingness to investigate and learn.
• Organizational skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with an audio/visual providing an example of your skills (i.e. leading worship, performing).